Friday, June 10, 2016

Loaded Baked Potato Pizza

Loaded Baked Potato Pizza -

As I slowly but surely I get into a routine as a new mom, I am so grateful to some my friends blogs that contribute certain positions invited to ride keeps things here. Today, I welcome my dear Brandy who writes the blog Nutmeg Nanny- please stop by her beautiful blog and say hello!

Baked Potato Pizza 10.jpg.jpg

Hello readers Baker Chick! I'm Brandy Nutmeg Nanny. I have serious love for Audra and her little longer quite lovely. I am so happy to be here today to bring you a simple recipe that can be done in no time at all.

I first heard of the baked potato pizza when my husband (then boyfriend) and I visited one of his favorite pizza joints in Connecticut. When he told me he wanted to order a pizza with potato, I totally discarded. Who put the potatoes on a pizza?

Baked Potato Pizza 20.jpg

The good news is that I devoured almost the entire pie myself. My oh my! I never knew something so simple could be so great. creamy sour cream mixed with garlic and seasoning, cheddar cheese, potatoes and lots of crispy bacon slices soft. Sweet Baby J I will never cease to love this pizza.

For crust, you can go two ways. Or make your own (super easy) or buy a bag of books fresh from the supermarket (even simpler!) You can also opt for the thin crust pizza by baking on a lined baking sheet silpat. I love the depth of the flat cast iron, but the choice is yours.

baked potato pizza 30.jpg

Print
Loaded potato pizza oven
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 pound baking pizza, room temperature
  • 4 small apples red earth, cooked and sliced ​​
  • 6 ounces of sour cream
  • powder 1 teaspoon garlic
  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 6 slices bacon, diced
  • 1-1 / 2 cup of strong cheddar cheese
  • ¼ cup green onions sliced, green part only
Instructions
  1. Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet 10 inches and place the dough in the pan. Fingertip Spread the dough as close to the edge. It shrinks slightly back, but you should not have more space between ½ of the dough and the pan.
  2. In a small saucepan add the potatoes and cover with cold water. Cook until just fork tender. Drain and cool. Once fresh slice ¼ inch slices.
  3. Preheat oven to 525 degrees F.
  4. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper and Italian seasoning, set aside.
  5. In a small skillet add the bacon and cook until lightly crisp. Do not completely crisp as it will also cook in the oven. Drain bacon on a paper towel.
  6. Spread sour cream mixture over the dough, leaving a ½-inch crust.
  7. garnish 1 cup cheese, sliced ​​potatoes and bacon. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
  8. Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the dough is cooked and the top is melted and golden. You can check the baking the dough to buy slightly lifting the underside of the pizza pan with a spatula. The bottom of the crust is a deep golden brown.
  9. When fully cooked remove from oven, sprinkle with green onions and let stand for 5 minutes before removing the pizza from the pan.
notes
If you chose to make a thin crust pizza largest bump up sour cream 8 ounces and do not use olive oil in the dough.

Advertiser