Saturday, August 27, 2016

Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts

Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts -

fruitrart3

Mother's Day is almost here, and I thought a lot about what it means this holiday to me. For the first 30 years of my life, he was always on my own mom, a day to let him know how all girls love and appreciate what a template type and generous, it was for all of us. Now that I have my own children, it is a day I am so proud to be a part of. I love being a mom. I've said it's my dream job and I really do. Yes- it is difficult most of the time lately, and sometimes I cry because of it, but I still love it. Being a mom therefore feels complete to me, and this year I feel really lucky for my family.

Another reason why I love this holiday, because he seems to embody all spring and beautiful. While Father's Day in June remember cookouts and sports, when I think of Mother's Day, it's all flowers, brunch, bright and beautiful things. I do not know what inspired these small pies with delicate fruit, but I think they are the perfect complement to the Day of the spread of a spring-y mother.

fruittart2

I shared my favorite fruit pie recipe before, and that a spin-off of this, using a sugar cookie as a crust instead of the typical pastry shell. Then we have a topping cream cheese, and of course many wonderful fruits. I love the pies which include tangerines and kiwis so I added them to the mix, but all berries or anything else that sounds good might work. This recipe has opened my eyes to the cute-ness that are small pies with crusts made biscuits using a muffin pan. These crusts were so easy and I continue to think of other delicious combos using all my recipes of favorite cookies.

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm so happy to be spending it with my own sweet mother and my babies. :)

fruittarts

Print
Sugar Cookie Mini Fruit Tarts
Ingredients
  • for crust:
  • 1⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon of baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ cup softened butter (4 oz or 1 stick)
  • ¾ cup white sugar
  • 1 yellow egg
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
for filling:
  • 1- 8oz block of softened cream cheese
  • 2 cups sugar powder
  • [extraitdevanille
  • ½ teaspoon
  • fresh fruit for garnish
Instructions
for the crust:
  1. Butter a mini-muffin pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar.
  3. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until smooth and fluffy.
  4. Add flour, baking soda and powder in a small bowl, stir then add to butter mixture.
  5. Mix mix (batter may look lumpy.)
  6. Use a teaspoon cookie to 1½ part dough balls, and use your hands to roll them into smooth ball . (I found the dough seems dry until I drove each spoon in hand.)
  7. Portion a ball of dough into each well of your pan and press lightly.
  8. Bake for 8 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool before removing from pan.
For filling
  1. Cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until thick and smooth. Add the vanilla extract.
  2. pipe or spread the filling into the cooled biscuits shells. Top with fresh fruit.
  3. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Notes
Cookie Recipe adapted from All Recipes

Advertiser