Monday, October 31, 2016

of (barely sweet) Banana Pineapple Smash cake

of (barely sweet) Banana Pineapple Smash cake -

SmashCake3

The Baker baby turned one last week and of course his Mama Baker Hugo had to make it a 'lil birthday cake. I dreamed up this one for a while and it was the perfect little semi-sweet confection for my little man. I really did not give it some something sweet great because it does not know the difference and it was his first nothing sweet I thought he would be happy anyway. (Spoiler Alert- he was!)

SmashCake2

This cake is full of sweet ripe bananas and crushed pineapple. I also used a touch of maple syrup to make the cake slightly sweet but not too much . glazing is a simple cream cheese with maple syrup, just enough to make it a little soft and perfectly complement the cake. I did it in a sheet pan and use a round cookie butter to eradicate 3 layers for Hugo cake, then froze the rest. I actually made him one for his actual birthday, (for he was the first in his party) then saved others to make cakes for some of his friends turning a later this month! They are so easy to thaw and freeze several hours before you are ready to use.

SmashCake1


See, I told you he loved it! .... Smash !!!

HugoCake Smash

Advertiser