Sunday, June 5, 2016

Deep Dish Sour Cream Apple Pie

Deep Dish Sour Cream Apple Pie -

SourCreamApple2

You can never have too much revenue the apple pie right? That's what I say ... the truth is, when it's apple season and my pantry overflows with them, apple pie or crisp is my favorite way to use them. I do not discriminate against cakes, muffins and other treats, but I'm a sucker for baked apples with cinnamon and crunchy and flaky crust. I can not get enough!

This recipe is different from the others though. It is baked in a spring form pan which makes the oh-so thick filling. If you are really there for apples, you'll love this. A super crispy topping adds a nice contrast, a flaky, buttery crust homes in just perfectly. The cream of sour cream adds incredible freshness of everything that I love also.

SourCreamApple

If, like me, you go nuts for apple pies this time of year, but still love to change things, you can love this pie as much as I do! Personally I think I found my new favorite ... (for now!)

Print
Deep Dish sour cream Apple Pie
Ingredients
  • January 9 inch Pie Crust
  • 3 cups apples thinly sliced ​​
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • ½ extract teaspoon vanilla
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons flour
for the filling:
  • ⅓ cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
  • 1 cinnamon teaspoon
Instructions
  1. Roll out the pastry and draped in a 7- inch springform pan or 9-inch pie plate. Cut or crimp the edges, prick the bottom with a fork and return to the refrigerator to chill while you prep the filling.
  2. Whisk together sour cream, eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Fold in apples and toss to coat.
  3. spoon the filling into the pie shell, place the apples evenly over the bottom. Pour the remaining cream over apples.
  4. Bake at 425F for 20 minutes. At this point, remove pie from oven and sprinkle the crumble on top. (Instructions below) Reduce heat to 375F and bake for 70 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is crisp. *
  5. When the pie has cooled slightly, remove from springform pan and serve warm or cold.
notes
* If using a mold spring, this pie will probably need 0 minutes to cook. If you cook in a normal pie dish, significantly reduce this time. I would start with 55 minutes, then check it.

Recipe adapted from Allrecipes

Advertiser