Saturday, June 25, 2016

Layer Cake "Milk Bar Monday" Apple Pie

Layer Cake "Milk Bar Monday" Apple Pie -
IMG_58441

Ok you out and bought the Momofuku Milk Bar cook book yet? Because other recipes I make it, the more I am convinced that Christina Tosi's a genius pastry. The 3 things I tried some of the best treats I have ever tasted. And yes- its process is complex, but I promise you it is worth every bit of effort. Each part of the recipe you are preparing layers of flavors so that the end result is something truly spectacular.

IMG_58321

This cake is no exception. It starts with a brown butter shovels soft and velvety pie you dunk a pastry brush in an apple cider cinnamon-y dip and cover the cake with it. On top of that will one cake layer liquid cheese (a spreadable concoction of cake creamy cheese also used in this.) Then comes a bit tart layer of crumbs and apple pie filling. The whole process is repeated again, topped with another layer of cake and pie icing crumbs. (Which may be one of the most delicious things I've ever had. It is not too sweet and really tastes like pie crust.)

IMG_58701

Any the superposition of the cake comes while using new me the tools I'm very excited. The first is a ring cake that resembles sounds- a metal ring used to shape cakes. Inside the ring you place strips- acetate which are really just thick plastic sheeting clear that pastry chefs use. It allows you to keep the beautiful shape of your cake and then just peel once it is set. Everything is a little hard to explain, but I really enjoyed using them and I can honestly not wait to try other cake recipes from her book. They are hungry time, but it is worth it. Would not it be such an impressive cake dessert holiday? Anyway, I'll take a slice all year ...

Ms. Nicole Sweet Peony chose the recipe for this week, so head there to see everything.

And also visit my other friends MBM whose cakes are absolutely gorgeous! It is so cool for me to see how everyone turned out my layers look a bit squashed together in comparison :)

Cassie Bake Your Day
Big Fat Erin Baker
Krissy creations Krissy
Jacqueline Dusty Baker

Advertiser