Monday, June 27, 2016

Rosemary Olive Oil Flatbread

Rosemary Olive Oil Flatbread -

MG_53611

I have told you this before, but I have a crazy "salty tooth." I'm pretty sur-salt my food because I can not get enough of the flavor. It is horrible that I know I should probably start cutting here and there, but I love so much. (Now you understand my obsession salted caramel?) For me, the addition of salt to food brings out all the flavors and taste is just so much better. I twisted my taste buds just like the food if it is salty? Oops!

anyway so I want to make decadent treats with me every meet and rally from time to time, I would like to present with something delicious from my oven located also be tasty. These cakes were served during a meeting with a range of dips and appetizers and they were delicious. I also think that making your own cookies and breads is so impressive, you earn major points that you give them. (Which is great considering how it is easy to do.)

MG_53421

Note: This crispy flatbread meets in minutes. The flavors of combination possibilities are endless (feel free to use other herbs if you prefer), and it makes a wonderful snack to nibble around the house or wearing to meet. (Superbowl Party anyone?)

Print
Rosemary Olive Oil Flatbread
Ingredients
  • 1¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary 2 more (6 inches) strands?
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup water
  • [huiled'olive
  • ⅓ cup and more even for brushing?
  • sea salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 ° F and put a heavy baking sheet on the rack in the middle.
  2. Combine flour, chopped rosemary, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Make a well in center and add water and oil and gradually add the flour with a wooden spoon until a dough. Knead dough gently on a work surface 4 or 5 times.
  3. Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll 1 piece (keep remaining pieces covered with plastic wrap) on a baking sheet in a round of 10 inches (shape does not have to be perfect, the batter should be thin)
  4. lightly brush top with additional oil and disperse small clusters of rosemary leaves on top, pressing lightly .. Sprinkle with sea salt. slide round (still on parchment) on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until 8 to 10 minutes pale golden and browned in spots ,. Transfer flatbread (discard parchment) on a rack to cool, then make 2 more rounds (one at a time) on fresh parchment (not oil or salt until just before cooking). Break into pieces. (It is more cracker like bread like!)
  5. Flatbread can be made 2 days ahead and cooled completely, then stored in an airtight container at room temperature.

recipe from Smitten Kitchen Gourmet Magazine via

Advertiser