Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Layer Cake Buttermilk Berry

Layer Cake Buttermilk Berry -

cake3

of all I must say first of all thank you for the outpouring of kind words and thoughts on my new pregnancy. I'm so glad you outdoors and feel so free to share what is really in my mind that I post recipes! As today- it is now 4:00. I had planned to write this post last night, but I fainted at 9 and then I woke up there an hour with a stomachache. Now I am writing this in the living room watching Friends reruns I saved on my DVR for occasions like this. Meanwhile- Andy is fast asleep in our new double bed brand and I'm hoping I can get tired enough to go back for my second round in a few hours sleep.

cake2

I feel really good overall, but tonight something bad stomach / insomnia occurs much. Please tell me I'm not the only one!

About what I did pie servers for the family of Andy when I visited last week and it was a huge success. There are 20 people in his total family (parents, siblings 5, spouses and children) it was really my dream all these people to eat my baked goods, so I do not have to! (Even if this light and fruity cake actually tasted so good to me !!) I cut it into 20 pieces and it disappeared instantly with everyone coming back for seconds. (The next time I should do both!)

cake

The cake is light and fluffy, full of juicy berries and frosted with icing my new favorite of all time. Have you ever whipped cream cheese frosting? It is a mixture of whipped cream and icing regular cream cheese and it is oh so good. Light and creamy, but thick enough to hold in a layer cake. Some lemon juice and zest gave him the perfect amount of tang and this cake was the summer perfection.

Print
Layer Cake Berry Buttermilk
Ingredients
  • flour 2 all-purpose cups
  • 1 tablespoon powdered coffee bicarbonate
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • [beurrenonsalé
  • 1 stick softened
  • 1 cup sugar,
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs (temperature room)
  • 1 cup well shaken buttermilk
  • 2 fresh cups berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or strawberries would all work) and more for garnish (optional)
for Frosting:
  • 12 oz cheese, softened cream
  • 1½ cups whipping cream
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Instructions
for the cake:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 ° F with rack in middle. Butter, flour and parchment 2 or 3 9-inch round cake pans. *
  2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
  3. Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes, then beat vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
  4. A low speed mixture into the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the starting buttermilk- and ending with the flour. Do not over mix!
  5. Divide batter evenly into cake pans, smoothing tops. Scatter berries evenly over each layer.
  6. Bake until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean in 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then invert on a rack to cool the rest of the way.
For Frosting
  1. In a medium bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside
  2. . In another large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the lemon juice and zest.
  3. Gradually add the whipped cream into cheese mixture to the cream a little at a time until smooth.
  4. Frost cake as desired when it is cold and garnish with fresh berries.
notes
* 8 or 9-inch pans would be working and you could do 2 or 3 layers depending on the thickness you 'd like them.

cake recipe adapted from Gourmet.

Advertiser