Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Whoopie

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Whoopie -

whoopie

I'm sorry that things were a little slow here lately. Autumn is my favorite time to cook and be in the kitchen, and I have so many good ideas for the next few weeks, but move us in 2 weeks and I feel a bit like my life is ruined. I just realized that I did never really moved forward! I moved here when I was 23 and before that it was just suitcases of all my possessions and moving in and out of my college apartment that does not really mean much. Now- we have a whole list of things wedding, more 7+ furniture accumulation of years. We purge as much as possible, but there are still a ton of things. We get our boxes this weekend to start packing things that we do not use much, recommendations on what by the way? Should I pack all my meals, except for a set? I have already told Andy that my cooking supplies must last for my itty-bitty kitchen can get a little action. There may be a small amount of posts as I transition into my kitchen more enjoyable, but I promise once I'm there, you'll never get out! I have my first dishwasher !!!

anyway on these whoopie pie ...

whoopie2

You may or may not remember, I did a similar version a few years ago when my blog was a baby. Since then, Andy said that they are one of his favorite things I've ever baked- that was obviously a nice reminder that they needed to make a reappearance. Really- in my eyes, these whoopie pies are like a deconstructed cupcake with icing in the middle. The "cookie" is so light and fluffy and bite in heaven is really like. They are full super tender and sweet of the best spices, and salted caramel cheese cream filling puts a little higher.

I'm so glad I saved one of pumpkin last year, because my local grocery store seems to think that the pumpkin is not in season until October-come! Oh- and another reason I like these is that they can be stacked and transported unlike small pumpkin cake or frosted cookies. We brought these to a dinner and there were raves all around. I promise I will not make Andy wait another two years until I make these again !!

Print
Pumpkin Salted Caramel Whoopie Pies
Ingredients
  • flour 3 cups all-purpose
  • 1 c. salt
  • 1 c. baking soda
  • 1 c. baking powder
  • 2 c. Cinnamon
  • 1 c. ground ginger
  • ½ c. ground nutmeg brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • dark 1 cup firmly packed
  • 1 cup of canola oil
  • 3 cups pumpkin puree
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
For filling:
  • 3-4 cups powdered sugar
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 4c. Salted Caramel Sauce
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. To make the cookie party, preheat oven to 350 ° F. Line baking parchment or a sil-pat and put aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Put aside.
  3. In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil together. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk to blend. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined and smooth. Gradually add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just combined.
  4. Use a small scoop of ice cream to drop a tablespoon of dough on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are just beginning to crack on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cookie comes out clean. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes.
  6. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough
For the filling :.
  1. In a large bowl using an electric mixture and beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, sauce and vanilla caramel powder and beat until smooth. You can add the remaining powdered sugar at this stage if you want a firmer filling. (It depends on the thickness of the caramel sauce you use.)
  2. To assemble the filling hose on the flat side of one cookie and place another cookie, flat side down , on top of the gasket. Press lightly so that the filling spreads to the edges. Repeat until all cookies are used. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving to allow filling to firm up a bit.

Adapted from: Via Annie Eats culinary concoctions Peabody

Advertiser