Friday, July 15, 2016

Blueberry Crisp to two

Blueberry Crisp to two -

crisp2

I noticed a bit of a trend you guys. Each dessert recipe I posted since early June has been either based on fruit or ice cream. What can I say? When it comes to summer. I have much less interest in the rich countries, heavy chocolate desserts and I'm all about seasonal fruits and refreshing ice cream. In truth, they were an overwhelming desire in recent times and I can not get enough. Cobblers, crisps, pies and fruit cakes are my current obsession and I (and the baby) are in love with them. Problem is, I can not handle trying to give large portions of leftover candy away so I do not eat all. That's why I decided that I had to whip a bit crispy for two using all my little extra fruit.

What I like about this recipe is that you can use any fruit or berries you have on hand and end up with a delicious dessert for you and a friend in less than a hour. I always forget how amazing blueberry get when you cook them until the timer rings and blue skins into a purple, jammy profound miracle.

crisp

Oh- and if you 're wondering- yes- Salty Caramel Ice Cream goes really well with this crisp, (although I am convinced that this will really with everything!)

Also- yesterday, I got a "Awwww" a Gap cashier and two subway security offerings. Either I ate too bright or I begin to look pregnant here! I promise another picture belly soon! :)

Print
Blueberry Crisp to two
Ingredients
  • 1¼ cups fresh blueberries
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon of white sugar
for the topping
  • ¼ cup flour AP
  • ¼ cup oatmeal
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
  • 3 T cold butter
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. in a small bowl mix together the blueberries with cornstarch and sugar until well-coated. Fill in two small ramekins and set aside on a baking sheet with aluminum foil rimmed.
  3. In another small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut the butter and use your hands to work together, work the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
  4. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the berries are bubbling and topping is golden.

Advertiser