Friday, July 29, 2016

Chewy Cookies Red Velvet with frosting cream cheese

Chewy Cookies Red Velvet with frosting cream cheese -

Chewy Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing time

Confession. I am ready to not be pregnant. I never thought to get there this time. I'm only 34 weeks, so I have a way to go, and I really thought I'd be with this baby take as long as possible to come so I would have more time with Hugo. He was my best bud for 2 solid years, hands down the person I spend the most time, and I know our relationship will change. But, I'm just sick of it ... this pregnancy was fine, but just enough uncomfortable to make me want to feel like myself again. You know, my spit-covered, deprived of sleep, newborn-holding, self milk maid but still. You get me right?

He also seems to have regressed me again in the first quarter as certain smells and tastes send me over the edge and some desires I just * have * to have. Last week? Red Velvet all. It's weird because normally it is not my # 1 must have a taste (I normally choose lemon or salted caramel), but once I had the idea of ​​these cookies in my head that I had to have them.

Chewy Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing

The base is a soft cocoa-y cookie with sharp edges and middles super soft. I added dark chocolate flakes and sea salt for fun and Topped with a fluffy cream cheese frosting. They are festive and delicious, perfect Vday treatment in my opinion!

I hope to start feeling better soon, maybe I'll take what the end of the 3rd quarter burst of energy as I did last time and be able to handle tons over great new recipes before the baby arrives. Otherwise, thank you for your patience with my sporadic display ... can you believe I started this blog 5 years ago? xoxoxo

Chewy Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing

Print
Chewy Red Velvet cookies with frosting cream cheese
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup butter softened (1½ sticks)
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup sugar granulated
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1¾ cups all purpose
  • ⅛ cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon of dye red food (1 teaspoon if gel usage)
  • 1 dark chocolate chips
  • Flaky sea salt
icing: sugar
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • ¼ cup butter, softened
  • 2 powder cups
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder cocoa, baking soda, cornstarch and salt set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and food coloring and mix for a minute or until smooth and creamy.
  3. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Scoop dough balls 2 inches and place on a cookie sheet or plate. Freeze for one hour.
  5. Preheat oven to 350F.
  6. After the dough has cooled, up cookie dough on a baking sheet. 2 inches apart. Sprinkle sea salt flaky.
  7. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough
For the Frosting:
  1. Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
  2. Frost cookies when cool.
Notes
Recipe adapted from The Pin Mama

Advertiser