Friday, July 8, 2016

Minty Mojito Fruit Salad

Minty Mojito Fruit Salad -

MojitoFruitSalad2

Summer is officially here people! It felt like summer for the past few weeks, but there is something about official beginning makes me want to run through a sprinkler and eating a popsicle on porch. (If only I had a sprinkler ... or porch!) When it is hot and yucky, I implore all cold and refreshing- including fancy refreshing cocktails and fruit salad. So what happens when a cocktail and a fancy fruit salad collide- something super amazing and delicious as I tell you!

This is not just an old fruit bowl. It is a bowl of fruit tossed with lots of fresh mint, lime juice and rum! All the ingredients of one of my favorite cocktails all merged into one. Mint really brings out the fruit flavors and tangy lime and rum zing are the perfect finish.

MojitoFruitSalad

I just add a few tablespoons of rum in it, but you can really go crazy with it. If you add a cup of rum and let the fruit soak up really, except rum for anything (cocktails maybe?) And drain the fruit to perfection watered. In this situation, so I just wanted something simple and refreshing. I photographed this salad just after the throw together, but after sitting for a few hours, it was super juicy and more delicious. Would not it be perfect for summer picnics and cookouts?

Print
Minty Mojito Fruit Salad
Ingredients
  • 5-6 cups of chopped fruit (I used melon, pineapple and berries)
  • ¼ cup chopped mint
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 2-4 tablespoons rum (or more if you wish!)
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Let stand for an hour or for juices to release a little.
  2. Fruit salad will last for 3-5 days in the refrigerator!
notes
Recipe inspired by Ianapolis

Advertiser