Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Salty Honey Pie

Salty Honey Pie -

honeypie

It is November !! How in the world does the month of October always go so fast when other month (like January) seem to hang around forever? I could manage three Octobers, but November is not too far behind my favorite month of all time. Why you may ask? Well, it seems that everyone is excited from the beginning to the end about the same thing- food! I do not know about you, but I'm in ON- "pie, potato, grilled vegetables with a side of stuffing" mode. I did not go much to think about Thanksgiving dinner yet, (although I organized this year for the first time), but the whole "collect eat delicious food with family and" atmosphere will on the full force up here.

honeypie3

I could not start the month with something other than a pie I? Fortunately for you, I'm pretty obsessed pie these days. You get another on Monday, and in a few weeks, I am organizing a whole week pie recipes leading to Thanksgiving. I always loved to eat and so I'm trying to declare Pius Month. What do you say?

This tart has been on my mind since I saw a photo on Instagram and got a bit obsessed. I did not know what a Salty Honey Pie was still, but I knew I had to do a stat. Turns out it's a version of a classic Chess Pie, which is the custardy pie that has a crispy crust that forms on top, and a gooey center. All of these things combined with honey and sea salt seemed like a match made in heaven, and believe me, they are!

honeeypie

This pie is sweet and savory how I like it, with tons of rich honey flavor and a smooth and sticky texture. It can be served cold with whipped cream, but I could not wait, and loved digging in the slightly warm pie. Regarding the tart flavors go, I like that if this combo is not that you seem normal on a menu, his delicious if it feels like a well kept secret! Pie month! Pie month!

Print
Salty Honey Pie
Ingredients
  • ½ cooled pie recipe, and rolled into a 9-inch pie plate
  • ½ cup melted butter
  • white sugar
  • ¾ cup
  • 2 tsp cornflour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup honey (the best quality you can find)
  • 3 eggs
  • ½ cup cream
  • 2 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or coffee extract
  • 1 or 2 tablespoons of sea salt flakes to finish (as Maldon)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, flour and salt melt corn. Add honey and eggs and a time, whisking well after each addition. Stir in cream, vinegar and vanilla until smooth and silky consistency.
  3. Pour filling to pay, and pie bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the surface of the cake is puffed and golden, with still slightly wavy medium.
  4. Chill for at least an hour or overnight. Serve with whipped cream or enjoy just as it, like I did
Notes
Pie Recipe adapted from of: Four and twenty Blackbirds

Advertiser