Friday, August 26, 2016

Homemade ginger syrup, ginger ale and Ginger Candy

Homemade ginger syrup, ginger ale and Ginger Candy -

MG_51791

People always ask me where I come up with the recipes I post on the blog. I wish I had developed a system that I programmed my choice days in advance. Unfortunately, my method is much more random. For example, the other day, I had a cup of lemon tea with a little ginger syrup in it, and I became instantly fixated on creating at home. "How can it be hard?" I thought I breathed this cup of tea.

Turns out I was right! Make ginger syrup is not only extremely easy but the possibilities of use are endless. Have you ever had a ginger ale house with strong ginger flavor and tart lime wedge? Or did you know that when you make ginger syrup you actually do candied ginger in the process? And do not get me started on the number of different cocktails you could do with it. I think this syrup with a little bourbon and a splash of soda would be amazing right?

MG_51891

Today freezes in New York, and I can not wait to have another cup of lemon tea with a little mixed this deliciousness. have a great weekend!

Print
Homemade ginger syrup, ginger candy and ginger ale
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced ​​
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups sugar, more ¼ cup extra for candy
Instructions
  1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat . Stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Add ginger and stir to make sure everything is well coated. Reduce the head to medium-low and simmer and hour, stirring occasionally. (If you cut your ginger into chunks, you may need more Time- you know when it is done because ginger is sweet.)
  2. On a sheet- cooking sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup sugar . Remove ginger syrup with a slotted spoon and shake off any excess liquid. Mix the ginger pieces in sugar until well coated. Let dry a few hours or overnight until hardened.
  3. Let the syrup cool, put in a bowl and enjoy! Or make a ginger ale at once by mixing 2-3 tablespoons of syrup with a pint glass of water seltzer. Yum

adapted recipe from: Brooklyn Farm House

Advertiser