Sunday, August 7, 2016

Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream -

raspberrycheesecakeicecream

Last week I visited my family in Wisconsin as I mentioned, and I was eating too much ice cream. I mean what do you do in the state of milk when your parents live 5 minutes from the best frozen custard on the planet? I also made 2 lots of my favorite salted caramel sauce just waiting to be sprinkled over ice cream. Needless to say I ate my weight in ice cream and could not be happier.

I plowed this beauty just before leaving the city and kept feel loved Andy all the time he was home alone without me and Hugo. (Who got his first two teeth this weekend by the waypoint is how the time spent so quickly?) In a sense, I'm glad that there are no more left in the freezer because I need a little break!

raspchesecakeicecream3

This ice cream is outstanding- a creamy cheese cake base with a swirl raspberry and graham cracker crumbs. It is refreshing, tart and rich at the same time. Of course, you can mix and a whirlwind of blueberries or strawberries instead. There is something about the tart raspberries I'm crazy if extra-so good!

raspcheesecake2

Print
Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Ingredients
  • cream cheese 8 oz, cut into pieces
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • ½ cup half and half
  • ⅔ cup sugar
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup crushed graham crackers
Raspberry sauce:
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
  • 3-4 tablespoons of sugar
  • few drops of lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon of vodka
Instructions
for the ice cream:
  1. in bowl of a food processor, combine the cream cheese, zest, sour cream, half and half, sugar and salt. Puree until smooth. Cool completely before churning- (I prefer the night.)
  2. While waiting for the ice cream to relax, you can prepare the raspberry sauce by breaking a few raspberries and combining them with the sugar and vodka. Keep refrigerated until the ice cream is ready.
  3. Once cooled, churn the ice cream as directed and layer your manufacturer into a container with the raspberry sauce and graham crackers. Freeze for several hours to firm
Notes
Recipe Adapted from .. The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz

Advertiser