Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Rose Frosted Yellow Cake

Rose Frosted Yellow Cake -

rosecake3

There are three years (tomorrow), without the slightest idea of ​​being done, I hit publish the first ever post on the Chick Baker. I knew I liked to read other people's blogs and I loved cooking, so I thought why not have a blog of my own? Did I have any idea what it would really involve? Nope. Do I know anything about food photography? No one thing- (as you can tell from reading these messages first.) I knew I wanted a new creative outlet and from the start I loved having this blog and all that it involved. Over the past three years, I learned a ton, both as a baker and as a member of the blogging community. I'm not good in social media, I still have a long way to go on my photos and my blog is certainly not the most popular there, but I do love it. I'm still incredibly grateful that someone finds that I have to share relevant and for this, thank you!

rosecake2

To celebrate the occasion, I thought I challenge myself to try a new technical-me that has been on my bucket list cooking for ages. I decorated cupcakes and cookies with pink in the past (and it is really very easy) but I always found these beautiful cakes a little intimidating. While I am on my own challenge this year, so I figured it was time to give the old pink cake try! Dare I say its way easier than I thought it would be? I am convinced that it looks horrible, but roses are actually super forgive and even the not so perfect end up looking beautiful in the end. (Thanks Amanda for your helpful tutorial on technique!) Under the pink icing can be any cake you want. I thought the use of the Easy One-Bowl Chocolate cake just because it is so simple, but in the end decided on a new-to-me yellow cake recipe. A good, moist yellow cake is a must in the archives of the recipe for any baker and since I do not have I thought it would be a good opportunity to try. Man oh man is this good recipe! In my view, it is the ultimate yellow cake recipe that I'll probably be using for birthday cakes for years to come. It is full of flavor with perfect texture and crumb. He was great with the vanilla butter but of course a single chocolate frosting is delicious too.

RoseCake

This beautiful pink frosting can be done with a taste of flavor combo and believe me when I say that if you can run a circle, you can do it! I can promise you this is just my last time experimenting with the technique, because it seems that you are an expert cake decorator when you're really not. (Like me!) Thank you my dear readers for 3 wonderful years, I hope I can continue to have good ideas of things to share- course treats, and now also a projection of savory recipes and updates on being a mom. I love you!! For more express my gratitude- I give a player an Amazon gift card for $ 50! In the past, I gifted a few of my favorite things cooking, but this year, I let you make the choice.

For ENTER- Just leave a comment below! You can give me some information and you would like to see more / less of this following year.

1 entry per person. Enter now by 2/19 at 23:59. US / Canada only. One winner will be chosen at random and notified by email. :)

Print
Rose Frosted Yellow Cake
Ingredients
  • 4 cups and 2 tablespoons cake flour (not self-rising)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1½ tablespoons of baking soda coffee
  • Table 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 2 cups of buttermilk, room temperature
for the icing
  • 6-8 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ cup - ¾ cup milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Butter two molds round cakes 9 inches and in line with circles of parchment paper, then butter the parchment. (Alternatively, you can use cooking spray or with just butter or butter and flour to expedite this process.)
  2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, then beat vanilla. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well and scraping bowl after each addition. Add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until each addition is just incorporated.
  3. Spread batter evenly into cake pans, then press or drop pan on the counter to remove air bubbles.
  4. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes, then run a knife around the mold. Invert on rack and discard the parchment and cool completely, about 1 hour
For the Frosting :.
  1. Cream butter until smooth and creamy. Add 6 cups powdered sugar mixture until thick and dry consistency. Add vanilla and gradually add the milk, a tablespoon at a time. Add the remaining powdered sugar and additional milk as needed until mixture is thick, creamy and slightly stiff.
  2. Frost cake as desired. Frosting- rose to see the tutorial I am Baker
Notes
The cake picture above is composed of 1- 8 inch round cake cut in half and filled, frosted. (I made 2 cakes, and a frosted pink frosted more smoothly.) You can either half the recipe or make a great big cake.

Cake recipe from Smitten Kitchen
Frosting I Baker

Advertiser