Monday, August 8, 2016

Salty Pretzel Buns

Salty Pretzel Buns -

PretzelRolls

I officially lived in New York for 8 years. Sensational. This feels like an eternity. Just about my adult life has been spent here and if I like many things about it, I think the next year or two, my family can be ready to venture out on somewhere a little easier. Living in New York, as wonderful as it can be, is really hard sometimes (especially with a baby!) What toughened me and made me the great person I am, does not seem quite as attractive as a parent with (hopefully one day more) children.

until this year, one of the things I missed most in life is Midwest summer grilling. Lazing on the back porch- burgers, brats, corn on the cob and all the food cooking-out I like. But- can you believe that the new apartment we moved into last fall has a rear patio? It has a grill and we ordered patio furniture, and my neighbors upstairs are even put a children's pool and baby swing there! Once we get all situated- we can actually get to enjoy a slice of what I am nostalgic.

PretzelRolls2

The idea of ​​grilling summer was giving me lots of ideas for recipes fabulous summer starting with these Buns Pretzel. I recently had an amazing burger with lots of mustard and cheese sauce of beer on a salted pretzel bun and I dreamed since. These rolls taste like my favorite soft pretzels and panic and are SO good with a burger! I got it yesterday for lunch with a veggie burger and it was to die. The rest will be used this weekend for our first cook-out!

Overall, these rolls are fairly easy to do, it is a paste in a simple yeast, formed in rolls that are boiled in a soda solution that helps them give their dark color and soft texture pretzel . These would also wonder hotdog buns / bratwurst (just shaped a little differently of course!)

NYC- I'm giving you a chance to make my toast was really dreams do not let me down! :)

Print
Salty Pretzel Buns
Ingredients
  • 1 (1/4-ounce) dry yeast envelope or active instant (2¼ teaspoons)
  • 2¾ cups bread flour, plus more for dusting the work surface
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and more for watering
  • 1 cup of hot water
  • t vegetable oil (for coating the tank)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 6 cups water
  • ¼ cup of baking soda
Instructions
  1. in the bowl of your electric mixer (fitted with a dough hook,) combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Mix well.
  2. Add hot water and turn on the mixer at low speed to combine the first, then the middle for 7-8 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
  3. Transfer to oiled bowl and cover with a clean, damp cloth. Proof in a warm place for 30-35 minutes or until doubled in size. (While the dough is rising, a baking sheet with parchment, lightly spray and set aside.)
  4. When the dough is revealed, Turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down . Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape into rolls. (You can weigh the parties to ensure that they are still, I'll do it next time.)
  5. Place the rolls on the baking sheet and cover with damp cloth again, proofing in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile boil the 6 cups water and slowly add the baking soda.
  6. gently place the soundproofed rolls in the baking soda solution, one at a time-a minute on each side, using a slotted spoon to place each boiled roll on the prepared cookie sheet.
  7. When all the rolls are boiled, brush them with beaten egg and sprinkle generously with coarse salt. Use a sharp knife to cut an X in the top of each.
  8. Bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes or until dark golden brown. Serve warm or toasted
Notes
Recipe adapted :. Chow

Advertiser