Sunday, August 28, 2016

Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ

Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ -

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

I'm not a good time Green Bay Packers fan, but I must admit I'm a fan good weather football. Unlike my husband, who will be happy to watch a game any time, if they are not Packers I'm usually indifferent. SO since our season ended mid playoffs, I'm much more involved in food Superbowl Sunday than the actual game (although I think I'm rooting for the Broncos?)

If you need something for your game day menu that is incredibly easy and if all goes well, this slow Cooker chicken barbecue is just the thing. I do at least twice a month and we all love. You throw everything in the slow cooker (including frozen chicken if that's what you have,) and check a few hours before the tender, melt in the mouth chicken ever. We like it on a soft roll with coleslaw and pickles, but it is great just on its own too! I highly recommend this whipping for Superbowl Sunday. Who does not like easy and delicious ???

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

Print
slow Chicken Cooker BBQ
Ingredients
  • 6 boneless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
  • 1 12 oz bottle of barbecue sauce (I recommend getting something really good, like Sweet baby Ray)
  • 1 dressing packet ranch * mixture
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl whisk together the barbecue sauce, ranch mixture, sauce, and brown sugar.
  2. Place the chicken breasts in crock pot and top with the sauce, tossing gently to coat.
  3. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-8 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked and tender.
  4. Use two forks to shred the chicken gently (if it is undercooked, it will be easy)
  5. Serve on its own or on a roll with coleslaw and pickles!
notes
* I'm a sucker for packet Hidden Valley Ranch so I have often, but you can just blew this and just add some spices instead. I think the garlic, salt, pepper, dried onion or parsley, a little cayenne pepper and really any other you like this would be great!

Recipe adapted recipes

Advertiser