Monday, August 15, 2016

White chocolate coconut with Mango Sorbet

White chocolate coconut with Mango Sorbet -

mango3

When I was 19 I had an amazing experience to travel with my father in Jordan for three weeks. Most of his family still lives there, and although I had been once when I was 3 I was incredibly excited to see where my father grew up as an adult. The three weeks have been a whirlwind visit all the brothers and sisters of my father and meet cousins ​​that I barely knew. (64 first cousins ​​crazy right-side of my father?) They were so nice and welcoming and I loved getting to see their favorite parts of Amman.

Every time we ventured, and I held the strap in the back seat for my life (seat belts were totally spent and driving has always been a bit reckless,) my father to me take a bottle of what they called "Manga," the sweetest and most delicious thick mango juice. I just loved it. I had never had the mango before that, I wonder? Maybe not actually- that's why I'm so obsessed with things. Everyone realized pretty quickly that the key to my heart was a bottle of Manga-then I am one of those that I was with Multi-Day the best!

mango

Since that trip, my love mango anything hardly been a secret. I like it in smoothies, on chopped frozen yogurt, or just the fruit as it is, (if I can ever understand an effective way to cut!) I wanted to try my hand at sorbet mango for a while, and after having the first smooth and creamy mouthful, I immediately thought me how they would be inside an ice cream sandwich. A coconut cookie with white chocolate chips seemed the perfect match for a warm tropical climate on the feast theme. I ended up making the delicious coconut cookies chocolate chip using white chocolate chips instead!. I made them small enough for a scoop of sorbet in- law should create a true delicious flavor combo.

I really do hope to the motherland again one day, to see my family and maybe score a bottle of the delicious mango juice, but until then- this creamy sorbet will have to do! :)

Print
coconut white chocolate cookies with mango sorbet
Ingredients
  • 2 large ripe mangos (about 2 lbs.)
  • sugar
  • ⅔ cup
  • water
  • ⅔ cup
  • 4 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 c. dark rum *
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 lot Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies (with white chocolate chips!)
Instructions
For the sorbet:
  1. Peel and pit the mangoes. Cut the flesh into pieces and place them in a blender or food with sugar, water, lime juice, rum and salt. Treat the mixture until completely smooth without remaining pieces. Cool completely in the refrigerator (at night is better) Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Notes
* Added small amount of rum will add a little flavor, but also keep the sorbet too frozen (easier to pick up!) I do not have in the house so I added a teaspoon of vodka which seemed to do the trick!

Advertiser