Saturday, September 3, 2016

Candy-covered chocolate-Dipped Pretzels

Candy-covered chocolate-Dipped Pretzels -

Candy-Covered-Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels

This is one of those weird "recipe revamping ago 3 years "positions. I first shared these few days after Andy and I enlisted in fact, just after my return from Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco. (I won Best New Blog ago which explains some of the older reviews.) I did this several times since and I thought the recipe / Photo could use an update :)

I'm officially in the Christmas confection area. I must say October to late December is the most fun time to be a (mostly) dessert blogger. I brimming with ideas to fill that space to the rest of the month, so stay tuned! I decided to kick off with a great holiday treat easy and super impressive.

Candy-Covered-Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels

I like this for so many reasons 1- They are ridiculously easy 2 - they can be adapted to many different types of candy 3- not only are they party for Christmas, but could easily be sprinkled with candy for a given season. In short it is just too great.

I each wrapped in a cellophane bag and a plan to give in the coming weeks with friends / our factor, etc. They can last in an airtight container the refrigerator for a few weeks! I can not get enough of sweet crunchy salty combo / / / creamy that they bring to the table.

Let the cooking vacation / deal making begin!

Print
Pretzels-dipped chocolate covered candies
Ingredients
  • 28 Pretzel Rods
  • 16 oz dark or milk chocolate *
  • Candy Bars Chopped, Sprinkles, Mini M & Ms etc.
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Prepare a cookie or two sheet with parchment paper or a sil-pat.
  2. In a bowl in the microwave, melt chocolate 60 seconds. Remove and stir, then heat in the microwave for 15 seconds increments until it is smooth.
  3. Start dipping pretzels immediately. I used a spoon to put the chocolate to where I wanted and it tasted smooth. Set pins on the cookie sheet.
  4. Allow the chocolate to become slightly solid before placing candy / toppings on. Otherwise, I find all slid to the side. I dipped pretzels 4-5, waited a few minutes, then started filling. (You have a good 5-7 minute window where the chocolate is still soft enough to press the trim.)
  5. Place each piece of candy in hand because if you try to roll or sprinkle on she really won 't work and will end up with a candy-glob sticky mess.
  6. If the melted chocolate into the bowl began to harden, just give him 15 seconds more to get it back to its state of melty-nice.
  7. Repeat with remaining stalks / trim pretzels.
  8. Melt white chocolate (in the same way that you melted chips) and sprinkle the pretzels with a spoon.
  9. place the tray in the freezer to quickly harden the chocolate, then wrap or store!
notes
* This time I used melted dark chocolate. You can also use regular chocolate, but you'll want to keep them cool that chocolate can soften / melt more easily. When I chocolate chips I also stirred some organic fat to make it more smooth coat.

Advertiser