Thursday, September 8, 2016

Cheesy Vegetable Soup Mama

Cheesy Vegetable Soup Mama -

cheesesoup2

We all their childhood meals that are so comforting and special than taking a bite brings you right back to the good old days. My good old days were when I came to the school house to an empty house with a note from my mother that we were all supposed to look as we drove. Each girl had their own point of generally ball with instructions for the afternoon Furthermore homework- like, "Please put away your clothes!" Or "practice piano!" the good part of the bill was good when my mother would describe what was for tea. My favorite days were when the bottom of the note read: "PS cheese soup on the stove !!"

cheesesoup

I loved this soup for as long as I can remember. We have always called "cheese soup," but since there really more vegetables into the cheese I thought our title may be a little disappointing. It's really just a creamy cheese soup full of tons of different vegetables (totally adaptable to what you have on hand!) Over the years, I saw this full soup of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, regular potatoes / sweet, white beans, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and more. You can totally make it work with what's in your fridge, which is another reason why it is so great.

"soup season," perhaps in the past, but I love this recipe all year. I want my children love as much as we have always done. I wonder what special things I will do they will feel the nostalgia you know? It is a strange thing to think about. :) Maybe they will always ask me for the "Mimi Cheese Soup" (What will my mother by her grandchildren) served with foccacia Mama (who was just wonderful on the side!)

Print
vegetables Cheesy mum soup
Ingredients
  • 2-2½ cups diced vegetables (lots of different vegetables will be working this version had broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts)
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons of flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. in a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in a little butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables, cover halfway with water and add a pinch of salt heavy. vegetables simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
  2. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the cheese sauce. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and stir constantly until golden. Slowly pour the milk into the pan and continue to whisk until smooth and thick.
  3. Add grated cheese and whisk until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. When the vegetables are cooked, drain reserving water (it is a vegetable stock of all kinds, full of flavor and nutrients!)
  5. Pour the cheese sauce vegetables and gradually add water to the pot, a little at a time, until desired consistency is reached soup. (We like very thick and creamy.) Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
  6. Enjoy a chunk of bread!
notes
This recipe is very forgiving, so do not be shy to experiment and discover how you like best!

Advertiser