Saturday, September 24, 2016

Multigrain Buttermilk Pancakes Mama

Multigrain Buttermilk Pancakes Mama -

Whenever I'm in Wisconsin visiting family there are some meals I beg my mom and dad for me. Most of them are from Middle Eastern dishes and other childhood favorites, and then there are those pancakes. As long as I can remember, my mom has been signing all grain pancakes for her daughters when we all visit. I think they are the fluffiest most delicious things in the world and I am so happy to share the recipe with you.

My mother is a bit of a health nut, so do not be surprised when I tell you that these are actually good enough for you. The dough is made of ground oats, cornmeal and whole wheat flour, which means these puppies are super filling. When I asked him for the recipe she gave me very vague instructions that she just eyeballs and they always turn. Although I am a recipe-loving-girl if I practiced this a few times to get the right amounts. This weekend, however, I have to say I nailed. They make you proud mom!

IMG_60561

in the house of Mama, we eat these bananas topped with pecans and sliced. I have no fancy trim around so I just topped them with a knob of butter and a lot of pure maple syrup. Is not it amazing how things tasting strongly remind you of your childhood? Well, after a few bites of these, all I could think was sitting around the table with my family on a Sunday morning with a stack of them. Have fun!

Print
Multigrain Buttermilk Pancakes Mama
Ingredients
  • ½ oats cup (can be quickly cut or steel or whatever you have)
  • ½ cup cornmeal
  • ½ cup wheat pastry flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1½ cups buttermilk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • butter for the mold
Instructions
  1. In a food processor, mix the dry ingredients until the everything is finely ground. In a large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and oil and mix well.
  2. Heat your grill / frying pan over medium heat and coat the pan with butter.
  3. Using a ¼ cup measurer, scoop the batter onto the heated griddle and wait for the bubbles and pop on each pancake.
  4. After a few minutes, the lifting edge slightly to make sure it is golden, then flip it. Repeat with remaining dough. Serve with fruit, nuts, syrup or what you want.
Notes
* You can make the dry part of it in a larger quantity and store it when it's time to use you just add the buttermilk, eggs and oil. It's what Mama did :)

Adapted from my semi-famous mom recipe :)

Advertiser