Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Roasted Plum and Raspberry Smoothie

Roasted Plum and Raspberry Smoothie -

smoothie

I was craving sweets a little less than usual lately, but one thing I was just dying in is the fruit of summer. As I mentioned in the post on Tuesday, I stocked my fridge with the stuff after returning from Los Angeles. I was snacking on it constantly, but realized that I may have been a little overzealous at Trader Joes with my purchase fruit. We leave Wednesday for a July 4th trip to visit the family of Andy, and I know that I had to use some of it pronto perfect fruit.

smoothie2

After these pancakes I was in love with the idea of ​​roasting the fruit which is where this delicious smoothies came to be. Full of Greek yogurt, fruit and honey, I consider it one of the healthiest things that I did and yet oh so delicious. It is not too sweet and the flavors of the fruit really shines.

Is the time by you as heavy as yucky here in New York? I hope a little rain will cool things I can cook this weekend, but it was just perfect the other day when all I wanted was something cool and refreshing (although I have to turn on the oven to roast the fruit!) Good weekend! :)

Print
Roasted Plum and Raspberry Smoothie
Ingredients
  • 1 cup
  • raspberry
  • plums- 2 slices / stoned
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 cup yogurt with Greek vanilla *
  • cubes 1 cup of ice
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F. in a 8x8 pan lined with foil, place the berries and plum slices evenly, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of honey.
  2. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the fruit is super soft and juicy. Let cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
  3. In a blender, combine yogurt, fruit (and all fruit juice), ice and spoon remaining tablespoon of honey. Blend until smooth, adding more honey if desired.
Notes
* If using plain Greek yogurt, add extra honey and some vanilla extract to more flavor.

Advertiser