Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bananas Foster Pancakes

Bananas Foster Pancakes -

During my trip impromptu Vegas last week, I had the chance to get have a wonderful meal at The Paris before returning home. It's been years since I was, but I remember drooling over the delicious French menu. We feasted on Moules Frites (mussels and fries, curly endive) and for dessert, bananas Foster Crepes. Andy and his mother had never tried bananas Foster and they loved it. (How can you not really?) As we scratch the plate, the waitress said they also have banana pancakes at home breakfast time ... and as these babies are born.

IMG_68861

When I started researching this dish to see what was there, I saw many versions that were used just about bananas pancakes ready to use. That sounded good, but I wanted the taste of actually being in the pancakes, so I started thinking. I got fruity pancakes I nestled the fruit pieces in the dough after I shed, so I thought it would work well! (This way, I could also save the remaining syrup to drizzle over pancakes.)

IMG_68951

This method has worked very well and really enjoyed the finished product as dessert J love it a lot. I did not do no rum in the household (and it was breakfast after all) so I used some rum and vanilla extract instead. If you have these for a brunch watered well, I would definitely do with a dark rum shot. Boozy bananas reception is really quite amazing!

IMG_69181

Print
Bananas Foster Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (or ½ cup of wheat flour paste and white ½)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • for bananas Foster:
  • [butter
  • ¼ cup
  • ½ cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 c. rum extract (or dark rum shot)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 bananas (ripe under is best) sliced ​​
Instructions
  1. For the pancakes, whisk together the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients, whisking until well combined. Put aside what you do the home banana.
  2. In a glass measuring cup or another dish microwave safe, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the brown sugar and mix with a fork until smooth and thick. Add the extracts and mix.
  3. Pour the butter mixture into a medium saucepan and large hot over medium heat until bubbly. Add bananas and stir to coat in the butter-sugar mixture. . Heat until warm 1-2 minutes
To assemble:
  1. (make only 1 or 2 pancakes at a time when they will spread when you add bananas .) once you pour the batter into the pan, arrange 6-8 slices of banana on top of the dough from the middle out. (This will help keep the shape of round.) When bubbles form and pop in the dough, carefully flip each pancake, cook until caramelized bananas.
  2. Serve with remaining bananas foster syrup, whipped cream, or maple syrup.
notes
Note: Usually, host bananas is only made in a sauce pan starting with butter merging and adding other Ingredients. But- for some strange reason, I had many failures with this. Maybe my cook was too hot, but my brown sugar never seemed to mix well with butter. I found it really easy to combine first, then warm up in the pan. (But the other method is fine.)

Advertiser