Monday, October 24, 2016

Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons

Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons -
IMG_60131

I know I just posted macarons last week, but I must admit that I am a little obsessed! I think the main reason is that every time I've tried to do since the discovery of this recipe, they shot so well! And I do not want to carry the rubbish myself- but I'm a bit like these "delicate" cookies are really not as scary as hard as I always thought. I mean, this could easily turn against everything the next time I do, but I have now made versions of this recipe three times, and each was better than the last. Is there a hoax there to make us think Macarons are harder than they look? May be? :)

IMG_6029

This recipe is almost identical to the wonderful vanilla macaroons I posted last week. The only change is, you replace 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar with the cocoa powder and vanilla nix. Otherwise it is the same quick and easy recipe. (Except aging egg part I tried this once and if I noticed some minor differences, I do not think its absolutely necessary.) For the filling, I just swirled a little peanut butter in the remains of butter cream with vanilla. (Did you know that you can keep the frosting in the fridge for a long long? I just recently discovered and now have a frost bank up!)

IMG_6038

Two last things: I thank you all very much for the positive feedback on my first video tutorial. I will try to learn more about editing and camera work, this can be a regular thing. I really appreciate the support.:)

Also- tune in this Sunday at the show CBS Sunday Morning. Today I'm filming a segment to be part of the "100th anniversary of Oreo" part of the show that airs in a few days! I teach them how to make Homemade Oreos! Woohoo !!

Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons
ingredients
  • 110 grams blanched or flaked ground flour almonds almonds
  • 0 grams icing sugar least 2 tablespoons
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch process is best)
  • 100 grams of white eggs (3 eggs, separated 24 hours in advance or in the microwave for 8 seconds)
  • 50 grams of sugar granulated
  • vanilla buttercream
  • 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Instructions
  1. Pulse the almonds / almond flour and cocoa powder and icing sugar several times in your food processor until well blended. Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and beat using mixer (or whisk) until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and turn the mixer to high, whisking until you have a glossy meringue with stiff peaks.
  2. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites gently strongly at first to break the meringue slightly until well mixed. (It is important not to over mix the dough, but it must be combined well and is supposed to "tape" off the spatula when lifted from the bowl.)
  3. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a wide tip and pipe 1.5 inches round towers along two parchment or silicone hotplates doubled (leaving enough space between each.) let stand one hour at room temperature to develop a shell.
  4. heat the oven to 300. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely and remove from pan.
  5. For filling, simply spoon peanut butter into vanilla butter and stir until smooth.
  6. match as the size of cookies and pipe with butter or other filling choices. Helen said they still taste better when stored in the refrigerator for a few days and I agree!

Recipe adapted Confections of a Foodie Bride via tartlet

Advertiser