Wednesday, October 26, 2016

One-Skillet Cheesy Enchilada Bake

One-Skillet Cheesy Enchilada Bake -

Enchillada Skillet

You know I'm always quick search, easy to prep dinner a pot and that my friends, is fabulous. Earlier this week, my brother Aaron (who we learned Hugo call Uncle Jesse because Full House) took Hugo to the afternoon. Fiona was happily zoned in the baby swing, and I take advantage of the free time to do a proper dinner for the fam. We have been slacking on vegetables lately so I wanted it to be full of them, and black beans for protein. I like to eat vegetarian at times and it was the perfect opportunity. Enchiladas are one of my favorite dishes, but I could not cope with the additional step of lamination / assembly decided a layered dish, lasagna-like would be perfect.

I sauteed vegetables (peppers, zucchini and corn in my case) with some onions and spices, add the beans, then placed the whole dish with corn tortillas, sauce enchilada home and cheddar cheese. In addition to the 15 minutes or more it took to chopping vegetables, this meal was so simple. (And you can totally use enchilada sauce store bought, I can never find it at my local and making it from scratch is super easy.)

Enchiladas2

this meal could easily be done with all that filling the items you have on hand. Ground beef or turkey would be great, some shredded leftover chicken also work, or other vegetables that you feel like throwing. I really like this concept- flavor enchiladas and without hassle or extra time. Served with some guacamole and a salt margarita- it would be fabulous and easy dish Cinco de Mayo do not you think? (I mean an excuse for a margarita really am I right?) The happy weekend!

Print
One-Skillet Cheesy Enchilada Bake
Ingredients
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 cup corn (I used frozen)
  • 1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
  • [sauceenchilada
  • * 3 cups
  • 10 tortillas corn, quartered
  • 3 grated cheddar mugs, or making cheese
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. in a large skillet, sauté onion in a little olive oil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add peppers and zucchini and cook until soft and Goldenberg 5-10 minutes.
  3. Add beans, corn and seasoning mix and stir, cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Transfer bean mixture to a bowl. (No need to wipe the pan.)
  5. Spread a layer enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan, and spread ⅓ tortillas. Top with more sauce until tortillas are covered with a thin layer. Add half of the liner and half of the cheese.
  6. Repeat once more, sauce superposition, tortillas, more sauce, more filling. Top with a final layer of tortillas and remaining cheese.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
notes
* Recipes Enchilada sauce. I doubled this recipe and it was perfect for a small charge. You can also use store bought.

Advertiser