Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Chocolate Cupcakes Candy Cane

Chocolate Cupcakes Candy Cane -
MG_4505+copy1
How people plan their weddings before the Internet? I can not even count the hours I passed my computer in recent weeks obsessively from page to page. Between the incredible wedding blogs out there, Martha Stewart Weddings and Pintrest I'm officially lost at the net. Perhaps this explains why I did not buy one this Christmas and tomorrow I leave for Wisconsin. Usually, I arrived at my mother's house with all my gifts wrapped and ready, but obviously this is not going to happen. How am I supposed to tear me to do my shopping when there are endless web pages out there with so many wedding inspiration ??!
anyway, I could detach myself for a few minutes this weekend to whip up these little cuties. Andy and I went to a Christmas party on Saturday and I could not bear to stand empty. Fortunately, I'm jones-ing to make these since they were introduced in my dessert party during the summer. They are so simple and easy to whip they are the treatment of last minute perfect for holiday celebrations this week! I used my bowl favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and a simple Peppermint Buttercream. You can garnish with crushed candy Canes, but I used these adorable minty candy cane sprinkles. Bite-sized holiday deliciousness!
Print
Chocolate Candy Cane Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • 1½ tablespoons baking soda coffee
  • powder ¾ teaspoon baking
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • ¾ cup of hot water
  • ¾ cup buttermilk
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Frosting
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 4½ cups powdered sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk, cream or half and half
  • ½ c. Peppermint extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard boxes paper cups muffins; put aside.
  2. Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
  3. Add eggs, hot water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to ensure the dough is well mixed.
  4. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups, filling each ⅔ full. Bake until tops bounce to the touch, about 20 minutes, turning once pan if necessary. Transfer to a gate; cool completely
For the Frosting :.
  1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until fluffy average speed and light consistency. Add powdered sugar slowly until thickened, beating at medium speed. Add the peppermint extract and one tablespoon at a time milk or cream until frosting is smooth and creamy. Pipe cupcakes and decorate with crushed candy canes or sprinkles!
Cupcake Recipe Martha Stewart

Advertiser