Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Perfect Pie Crust

Perfect Pie Crust -

Perfect Pie Crust

With Thanksgiving only two days away, those of us who are the kitchen seems to be frantically preparing our menus, and plan every detail. I "Friendsgiving" tonight my book club so I started cooking yesterday! To help with that I for a total of 5 pies this year, I prepped my dough so the weekend will be ready as soon as I need. The recipe for the pastry I use, called pastry was my go-to pie crust for each that I have done since the beginning of this blog. I've also used for pies pop, chicken pot pies and hand pies.

The food processor makes this quick and easy to paste, and for me it has been a success every single time. In my opinion, a flaky crust in real butter pie recipe takes all on top. I have included step by step instructions below to make the process a little easier. Too- here are some of my favorite recipes, I did it using this delicious dough that bakes up so well!

Salted Caramel Apple Pie

Muffin tin Chicken Pot Pies

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-tarts

Stone Fruit pie

The process of launching this pie crust really not all been easier- especially with a culinary robot!

Print
Perfect Pie Crust
Ingredients
  • 2½ cups all purpose
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
  • 1 c. salt
  • 1 c. sugar
  • ¼-1/2 cups of ice water
Instructions
  1. Place flour, salt and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process for a few seconds to combine.
  2. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds.
  3. With the machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube until the dough comes together. Do not treat more than 30 seconds.
  4. Turn the dough onto a work surface. Divide in half. Place each half on a sheet of plastic wrap.
  5. Flatten and form two disks. Wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.

Combine flour, salt and sugar bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.

process until combined arms about 10 seconds.

Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds.

With the machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube until the dough holds . Do not treat more than 30 seconds.

Turn the dough onto a work surface and divide in two.

Wrap each half with plastic wrap and flatten into a disk.

Let the dough cool for at least an hour.

When the dough is chilled, roll to a thickness of 1/4 inch.

Roll dough on a rolling pin to transfer in a pie dish.

Prick with a fork, fill and bake!
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart

Advertiser