Thursday, November 17, 2016

Freezer-ready Breakfast Burritos

Freezer-ready Breakfast Burritos -

As I mentioned last week, two of my goals for the new year should cook more (vs. most of the cooking time), and stop comparing myself to others. One of my biggest flaws in this department is to try to understand exactly what I do and do not post on The Chick Baker. You can say, "It is your message blog- what you want" And you are probably right, but I still wanted this space to have one per line, so that my readers know what they will get when they! stop by. Does that mean that I can still post on my personal life? what food and tasty dinners? Would you guys be interested in a meal you're in a dessert fabulous? Although I think I can spend my time worrying and wondering, or just go there and see what happens. this recipe has really made my life so much easier and I think it's worth sharing ! And- an hour in the kitchen created the cooked breakfast at home for 2 weeks, which is a big deal for this non-small-girl eat ..

The idea here is to make a huge batch of breakfast burritos that can easily be frozen for a hearty quick breakfast that requires little effort to heat and eat. It is obvious that these can be adapted to your taste based on what you have around. I scrambled my eggs with some sauteed onions and green pepper and topped each burrito with cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and a little hot salsa. They are then packed tightly in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag. The batch I made yielded 15 burritos, but you can obviously do even more if you have a large family.

I used whole wheat tortillas that can be a little sticky when microwaved. To remedy this, I highly suggest nuking them for 60 seconds, followed by a trip to the toaster oven, conventional oven or even a pan to brown the skin and add a wonderful texture. Is it too early to say that I am a breakfast converted?

Print
Freezer ready burritos
Ingredients
  • 15 whole wheat tortillas
  • 16 eggs beaten with a little milk, salt and pepper
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion chopped medium
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 ½ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
  • hot salsa ( optional)
Instructions
  1. Sauté onion in a little olive oil until this lightly browned.
  2. Add peppers and cook for a few minutes or until soft.
  3. Add the beaten eggs and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until cooked.
  4. Assemble burritos- being careful not to put too much filling or they will not roll as easily.
  5. Wrap each well with plastic wrap and place in freezer bags.
  6. To prepare: Remove the plastic wrap, and loosely wrap the burrito in a paper towel. Microwave for 60 seconds, and toast to finish in a toaster oven or in a pan. (You can also just nuke for 2 minutes, but I prefer the grilled texture.)

Idea: Lovely Little Snippets

Advertiser