Sunday, December 4, 2016

Brownie Swirl Cheesecake Bites

Brownie Swirl Cheesecake Bites -

CheesecakeBites

I obviously do not have a child who started school this week, but I will absolutely gaga for adorable photos flooding my social media children of my friends in their new outfits and net bags cute back. Anyone else super nostalgic for the first day of school? The man that I used to love. shopping supply school, a new special holding an exciting year of new classes and friends. I was the biggest dork and I absolutely loved school. Andy, however, has not always been a fan, so who knows how little Hugo feels about it a few years from now. (Oh well think this day makes me happy again!)

One of the things that makes me most happy to be a mother of a will- go-to-school child -somday, is the thought of packing her breakfasts. Oh I am so inspired by my good friend and well-rounded school lunch Annie series. She shares what she packs for her son on Instagram and it is incredible. I love how even though the majority of the food is very healthy, there is always a treat there. Mini cookies, some caramel corn house, and there was even a S'more home one day. This made me think of other cute lunchbox treats clogged and the idea of ​​these cheesecake bites came to be.

CheesecakBites3

Yes, they contain sugar, but I think setting the example of all being OK in moderation is a good rule not you? These bites beauties are the perfect size to give a little sweet-tooth satisfaction and are required to please any chocoholic there. The brownie is great fudge, and cheesecake swirl puts them on top.

I made these weekend of Labor Day and shared with my neighbors and friends to a fun weekend barbecue. They were a huge success and if I said that everyone stopped at the one I'd be lying ... but I did my part to help with portion control you know? I can not help anyone to have 5! And while summer may be officially over, these would be a great pleasure to bite for a football game this weekend do you think ?? (Go Pack Go!)

CheesecakeBites2

Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Bites
Ingredients
for part of brownie
  • 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, a little more for greasing
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • heaping ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
  • ⅓ cup all purpose flour
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
for Cheesecake serving:
  • 1 (8 oz) package of cheese cream, softened
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a mini-muffins and set aside
For Brownies :.
  1. In a medium glass bowl set over simmering water pot, melt the chocolate and butter. Blend until smooth.
  2. Remove from heat and whisk sugar. Add eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
  3. Sprinkle sea salt, flour and baking powder over the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and well combined, but do not over mix
For Cheesecake Batter :.
  1. Beat together the softened cream cheese with the egg yolk and sugar. until smooth and super clump free
To assemble:
  1. Fill a pastry bag with cake dough with cheese and cut a small opening at the tip . Fill each muffin half and full way of brownie batter. Pipe a layer of cheesecake batter on top of the brownie, then add another tablespoonful of brownie batter. Use a skewer or a toothpick to swirl the batters together. (Dough can reach almost the top of the well, but not above.)
  2. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean .
notes
Brownie Recipe adapted from: Smitten Kitchen
Cheesecake Recipe adapted from: Just A Taste

Advertiser