Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Lemony Greek Orzo Pasta Salad

Lemony Greek Orzo Pasta Salad -

GreekOrzo

Last pregnancy, I had a craving- puree. I had their carby bland-ness and it was the only thing that settled my stomach. This time- I ask three things: fresh squeezed OJ, cereal bowls with plenty of milk, and that. This lemony, crisp, salty deliciousness is pretty much what I prefer these days so I just had to share with you. This is not a particularly appropriate recipe seasonally, or even something too revolutionary for fantasy, but as I said, I'm obsessed.

Greek Orzo Salad

Actually, I make this pasta salad for years, and I never really use a recipe. I throw orzo with lemon and olive oil, add crunchy cucumber, grape tomatoes, olives kalmata, feta cheese and dill. Sometimes I add red onion, other times, I added some grilled shrimp. It is super adaptable, giving, and better the more he sits in the refrigerator. I paid attention to what I used proportions for this version just because ... you know ... the recipe blog, but just know that you can be flexible with it and taste here and there to add more / less than what you like. I hope you enjoy this light and delicious dish as much as I DO- I promise a decadent dessert is next!

Print
Lemony Greek Orzo Pasta salad
Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked orzo
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 Persian cucumbers *, chopped
  • ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
  • ¼ cup olive kalmata chopped
  • ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
  • salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Mix orzo with olive oil and lemon and juice.
  2. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and dill. Mix well to combine.
  3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. store in the fridge-serve room temperature or cold.

Advertiser