Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Crockpot Mashed Potatoes

Crockpot Mashed Potatoes -

Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes

Thanksgiving creeped me people. Someone else? It is two weeks from tomorrow guys, and other than Cheddar Streusel Apple Pie I share last week, I have not really started my year "post-everything, I want Thanksgiving to Make--on-the- blog "fest. Do not worry. Next week will be Thanksgiving and I have all this fabulous recipe saves time for you today!

It was not until recently that I understood how a slow cooker is Thanksgiving successful planning. Four real estate is always precious and all that releases a certain place is a beautiful thing am I right? I think that last year someone had brought a crock pot full of a side dish, because you can not only cook in the open, but then you do not have to worry about keeping things warm while the furnace is turkey or other sides last minute.

Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes

These mashed potatoes could not be easier. To be honest, I always mashed categorized as something that I love to eat, but I'm too lazy to do regularly, and that all changes with this recipe. Everything is thrown into the slow cooker happening, and then you simply crush the potatoes in creamy goodness before serving. Then you can keep them warm for hours until serving. Too good to be true right?

These also happen to be the creamiest, dreamiest mashed potatoes I've ever done. Something about to cook them in the broth and milk instead of water and really let them get to sweet before brewing is what goes around, I think. I can not wait to do this again for Thanksgiving!

Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes

Print
Slow Potatoes Mashed Cooker
Ingredients
  • 4 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
  • 1½ cups milk
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ cup sour cream
Instructions
  1. Put the potatoes, broth and milk in the slow cooker. Sprinkle garlic and 4 tablespoons of butter on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  2. Cook for 3-4 hours on high 6-8 hours or low, or until potatoes are very soft. Use a pestle or a blender to puree the potatoes to your desired texture. (I loved those really creamy!)
  3. Add sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Top with remaining butter into pats.
  5. Keep warm until ready to serve.
notes
If you are going to wait a while to use them, I suggest topping the slow cooker with a clean towel and then placing the cover on top. This will absorb the steam and keep the potatoes gummy.

Recipe adapted recipes

Advertiser