Thursday, December 1, 2016

Mexican Cheesy Skillet Casserole

Mexican Cheesy Skillet Casserole -

cheesy mexican skillet casserole

The time has come you guys. I never thought to see the day, but lately my kitchen is to get more action from real meal desserts ... I knew that with a growing boy with a big appetite I have to start cooking real food soon, but I must say it is really crawling on me. I am the mother of a one year old boy who prefers spicy Mexican, Thai and Indian food on anything else. As excited as I am for my foodie grass, I really owe my young baby food will just not cut it for that boy.

He clearly likes the adult food more than anything else, so I make an effort to cook a big dinner almost every night he can also eat. The meals I cook must be: fast, easy to prep in advance, and much remains (as Hugo usually eat our dinner for the next day's meal.) I gathered a collection of impressive revenue and I am excited to start sharing with you guys! Because really- who does not like fast and easy?

Cheesy Mexican Skillet Casserole

This meal is also super adaptable, making it simple enough to fry with everything you have in your refrigerator. I did this 3 times last month and it is always a little different. This version uses ground beef, but it is also wonderful with ground turkey or even all the beans. I made with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, fresh tomatoes instead of canned, and extra garlic instead of onions. This meal can manage all changes and really just turn so well.

It is basically sautéed onions and peppers with beans, ground beef and lots of taco seasoning. To this mixture goes a little rice (or quinoa!) Of tomatoes, and sour cream. The creamy mixture is then covered with cheese and jalapeno peppers, and cook for a few minutes to melt the cheese and finish the dish. It is really easy! Delicious, hearty dinner, the family on the table in 30 minutes or less.

Do you like the series of meals? Please let me know! I hope to be a regular thing around these parts :)

Print
Mexican Cheesy Skillet Casserole
Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked rice (any variety, quinoa would be great too)
  • 1 medium or large onion, diced
  • 2 bell peppers, diced
  • 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
  • 1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed
  • 1-15 oz diced tomatoes box
  • 1 packet seasoning taco
  • 1 cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup grated cheese (I used cheddar)
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced ​​(optional)
  • lime wedges and tortilla chips to serve (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
  3. Saute onion and pepper until soft. Add beef and break with a spoon, stirring until golden and cooked. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
  4. Add beans, rice and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Add sour cream and garnish with grated cheese and jalapeños. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
  6. Serve with lime net and some tortilla chips on the side.

Advertiser