Friday, December 16, 2016

Red Velvet Cupcakes for two

Red Velvet Cupcakes for two -

IMG_1791

Although many people (including me) have a love / hate relationship with the Saint Valentin, I can not resist the overload of sugary sweets. I mean any party that values ​​chocolates, truffles and cute desserts is one reason a girl dessert to celebrate right? (Not to mention a lot of pink, hearts and flowers!) In fact, I think it's the perfect opportunity to whip all my red velvet skills for a holiday that was rubbed red and pink on our faces from New Year. Right?

IMG_1789

In my constant search for recipes that can be scaled down for smaller lots, I created what I consider a perfect dessert for you and your loved / roommate / mom. Because really- who need a dozen of red velvet cake for dessert when cooking a romantic dinner for two? (Okay, who am I kidding, I could eat these in one sitting ... but at least I am try to learn portion control.) I am proud of this additional revenue because for the first time I developed all this myself. With much help from recipe testers (including Tracey, Lauren, and Krissy Samantha), I finally worked the kinks and created what I consider really delicious, well portioned treat. Cupcakes are the perfect touch of cocoa, are sweet without being over-poweringly well, and spicy cheese frosting cream is (literally) the icing on the cake!

PS This post is a contribution to the British designer Edina Ronay to blog inspired by her red velvet dress!

IMG_1806

Print
Red Velvet Cupcakes for two
Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream
  • ½ teaspoon of white vinegar
  • ½ extract teaspoon vanilla
  • ¾ teaspoon red food coloring
  • 1 egg white *
  • 3 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons of coffee while use
  • ¾ teaspoon cocoa powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt.
  • frosting cream cheese for two:
  • 2 oz cream cheese softened
  • 2 tablespoons buttermilk softened
  • ½-3/4 powdered sugar cup
  • ¼ c extract vanilla.
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
  2. In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a second small bowl or measuring cup gushing, mix the melted butter and sugar. Stir until well-combined.
  4. Add sour cream, vanilla, vinegar, food coloring and egg white and mix until smooth and creamy.
  5. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture and stir until combined arms being careful not to over mix.
  6. Divide dough between two liners cupcake bake for 15-18 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool before frosting
For the Frosting :.
  1. Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. add vanilla and powdered sugar, ¼ cup at a time and mix until the frosting is free of lumps, creamy and spreadable.
Notes
* In a medium or large egg. If you use a large or extra jumbo egg, do not use the entire white, it will change the texture of the cake.

Advertiser