Saturday, January 7, 2017

Gooey Lemon Blondies

Gooey Lemon Blondies -

lemonblondies3

I could not let too many days of the new year pass without sharing a sweet treat now could I? For myself the winter months are always keen citrus-, slightly tart and fruity desserts that seem somehow lighter than the rich, chocolate alternative. Also, am I the only one who finds the brightness of citrus a ray of sunshine in the otherwise dreary weeks of winter?

lemonblondies2

January always feels like the most difficult months of the year to get through and this year may be worse than the end of month bring my baby that I feel I've waited forever. I do my best to keep busy, nest away, get in naps when I can, and storage on meals from the freezer and a blog, but a burst of delicious tart citrus never fails to keep me perky and recalled the sunny days come !

lemonblondies

These bars have a brownie almost as Texture- crispy on the edges with soft and fluffy middles. They are lemon-y maximum and are topped with gooey frosting lemon that sends them over the top. They are freshly iced delicious, but I also froze a bunch of them and then thaw them in the container at room temperature. You would have never known they were frozen as they tasted absolutely perfect and the texture was spot on. delicious- practice and can not beat that right?

PS Do not forget to enter to win a KitchenAid stand mixer gift I shared yesterday is still ongoing until the end of the week!

Print
Gooey Lemon Blondies
Ingredients
    [flour
  • ¾ cup
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick butter, sweet
  • 1 egg and 1 yellow
  • juice and zest of ½ lemon
for the icing:
  • ¾ cup powdered sugar
  • 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • additional lemon zest to sprinkle
Instructions
  1. sugar in a large bowl, cream the butter until smooth and pale and consistency. Add egg, yellow, juice and zest and mix until smooth
  2. Sprinkle the flour and salt to the wet ingredients and mix on low and mix well -. (Do not over mix)
  3. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking mold and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until the edges are just golden and center the pan is set. Cool before glazing bars
For the icing :.
  1. Add the powdered sugar and lemon juice (1 tablespoon to start, adding more if necessary) until a proper consistency is reached.
  2. Spread icing on the bars and top with lemon peel.
notes
Recipe adapted from: Rita Recipes

Advertiser