Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Lazy Girl Philly Cheesesteak

Lazy Girl Philly Cheesesteak -

Lazy Girl's Philly Cheesesteak

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can tell you my misfortunes and food cravings of recent weeks. Most of the time, I hate all food and tried to be my worst enemy. It was so sad for me that I obviously respect for food and really hated that I spent so many weeks just forcing myself to eat.

Everything About two weeks has changed and I felt suddenly like my normal self again. Except cravings start kicking in full force. As the night I just had have Philly Cheese Steak. As absolutely no question needed. Now in New York, you can usually get most anything you want delivered anytime, but I did not think a situation would prevail. I was not about to deal with the research and preparation of steak, but we had 2 pounds of grass fed beef the most amazing a local farm in the freezer and I knew I could do something that tastes good work and satisfy my thirst.

Lazy Girl's Philly Cheesesteak

So I sent Andy to shop for a crusty baguette, peppers and a few other essentials, and whipped in this fabulous sandwiches about 20 minutes. It was so good. I do not feel like the images quite capture how amazing it really was, but I could not wait another day to share with you. It really tasted like a cheesesteak and was easier bonds. The next time I can try Italian style with provolone cheese, a few peppers and caramelized onions, but I liked it that way too. The meat is so juicy and well seasoned, and melty cheese (I just need US for any reason.) And the charred peppers were perfect. I can not wait to do it again!

"Philly Cheesesteak" Lazy Girl
Ingredients
  • 1 full baguette (french bread would work too)
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 2 tablespoons chopped onion finely
  • ½ cup finely chopped celery
for the soup with cream *
  • 3 c. butter
  • 3 c. flour
  • ½ cup whole broth (I used a stock cube to do mine)
  • 1 cup milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 green pepper, cut into strips
  • cheese slices for garnish
Instructions
  1. In a large pan (I used a Dutch oven) cook onion and celery with a little olive oil until that soft and slightly brown.
  2. Add ground beef and break with a spoon, combine with the onion mixture until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce to low heat while you make the cream soup
For the soup :.
  1. In a small saucepan over medium melt butter. Add flour and whisk until smooth golden brown. Add broth and continue whisking until smooth. Slowly add the milk and continue to whisk quickly until creamy. Pour into beef mixture.
  2. Stir in soup, cream, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to the mixture of beef, adding a touch more milk if the mixture seems dry. (It should be super juicy) Set aside while you prep the bread and peppers.
  3. Sauté the sliced ​​peppers in olive oil until browned. Put aside.
  4. Slice the baguette lengthwise and remove some of the inside if desired. Scoop beef in bread and garnish with peppers and cheese slices.
  5. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until the bread is crisp and cheese is melty. Close the bread and cut into individual portions. Have fun!
Notes
* This recipe originally called for a mushroom cream box, but I made one from scratch the version in place (without mushrooms because I give up to get them.) If you prefer using a can of soup and you can skip the step of soup-making cream

adapted recipe from: . Life in the Lofthouse

Lazy Girl's Philly Cheesesteak

Advertiser