Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Toffee Pear Galette

Toffee Pear Galette -

Toffee Pear Galette

Is anyone else totally blinded by the arrival of Thanksgiving next week? Personally I can not quite believe he's here so early. Perhaps because the coast is lost Halloween this year because of Sandy, but it just seems holidays are generally too early. But- because sometimes I like it or not, I say it is time for planning!

I am all about a spread of dessert with many different options instead of just pies. Last year, I loved this cheesecake, and I think these cupcakes would also be perfect. The good thing about a cake is that since it is basically a "free-form pie," so that you can make a couple of them, even if you're out of pie plates. (I never enough for the holidays.) I also think its simple, rustic look is so warm and classic.

The juicy pears are placed in the crust and brushed with a delicious butter sauce caramel. The combo of caramel and pears is a wonderful duo that I can not believe I have not tried before. Dare I say it is the new and caramel apple?

I cooked on my new pizza stone that made the perfectly crispy crust. If you do not have it, I recommend you to use heavier pan on a lower shelf of the oven. Your crust will thank you!


Print
Toffee Pear Galette
Ingredients
  • ½ batch of pie dough (single layer)
  • 1 egg white
  • price of sugar for sprinkling
  • fill
  • 2-3 farms peeled and sliced ​​ripe pears
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
  • caramel sauce:
  • ½ dark brown cup sugar
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • ½ cup (1 stick) butter
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Flatten dough into a round disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour
For Toffee Sauce :.
  1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Simmer until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
  2. Increase heat to medium and cook for 8-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce is reduced to about one cup.
  3. When the dough is chilled, on a well-floured surface, roll out into a round of 10-12 inches.
  4. gently move your hob. Arrange pears around the inside, leaving a 2-inch border around the edge.
  5. Fold the edges, overlapping each other like an accordion.
  6. Sprinkle cinnamon over the pears and brush or drizzle them with about ¼ cup caramel sauce. (You Drizzle over after cooking.)
  7. Brush the crust with egg white and sprinkle with raw sugar.
  8. Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and crust is golden and firm. (You really want crispy bottom up so do not take it too soon.)
  9. cool slightly and pour over caramel sauce. (You may have some leftover- it would be delicious on ice cream!)
Crust and sauce recipe suitable from Martha Stewart

Advertiser