Friday, February 3, 2017

Raspberry Rhubarb Pies hand

Raspberry Rhubarb Pies hand -

Hand Pies 3

I love pie you guys. Seriously, I got tons of different varieties here on the blog and I am obsessed with all of them. fruit pies, meringue pies, creamy pudding and cute handmade pies pies- I'm obsessed. I must say though, that fruit pies are my favorite all time. I love a sweet filling and slightly tart with flaky butter crust. One of my all time favorite summer desserts made.

hand pies2

I have not dabbled too cute with these mini versions because usually I'm the pie service for a stay or a gathering at home and I want something that I can slice and serve. For summer gatherings, though I much prefer to bring something that I can throw in a tupper-ware, (now in the back of my stroller) and call it a day. These babies pack so well and require no additional silverware that is perfect for muss no fuss get outside meetings.

hand Pies

I liked the pairing of raspberry and rhubarb filling them. They combo is perfectly tart and perfect fruity- for spring. The key to a thick jam filling that does not get all the liquid and make soggy crust is my favorite pie thickener- instant tapioca. It is seriously the best. They do not receive water at all, but instead have perfectly thick. If you do any cooking with berries (pies, tarts, cobblers, etc.) I really recommend you get some. (If you can not find it at your grocery store, you can get it on Amazon!)

Do not they would be a nice addition to your propagation Memorial Day?

Print
Raspberry Rhubarb hand Pies
Ingredients
  • 2 9-inch Pie crusts -. Refrigerated
  • 1½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
  • 1½ cups chopped rhubarb
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons of instant tapioca
  • 1 egg (for brushing)
Instructions
  1. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment or Silpat, set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, add raspberries and break a bit with a large spoon. (You want more than pieces size of a pea, but careful not to make porridge.)
  3. Add the rhubarb, sugar, vanilla and tapioca. Stir everything and set aside.
  4. Spread a pie crust to ⅛ inch thick. Stamp out rounds using a biscuit or cookie cutter 3 inch round.
  5. Roll each round of ⅛ inch thick or stretch your fingers. Scoop 2 tablespoons filling soup in the center of the round of dough. Place another rolled dough circle on top of using the edge of a fork to seal the edges. (If some filling oozes it will be Ok.) Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
  6. When all the dough has been used, stick cookie sheets in the freezer for preheating the oven to 375F.
  7. beat the egg in a small bowl and brush each with some pie. Sprinkle a little sugar and high and cut slits in the top with a paring knife.
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.

Advertiser