Saturday, February 11, 2017

Spring Asparagus Quiche Leek and Gruyere

Spring Asparagus Quiche Leek and Gruyere -

quiche4

This does not really matter digress as desserts or baked goods right? I mean, I made a pie crust and is Bake , so I figure that counts. It's just that I do not think I've ever anything on the blog that was actually posted the dinner, and it feels like I'm breaking the rules. (I know it's my blog and I can post whatever I want but you know what I mean.)

quiche2

J ' just like a good quiche and the best part about it is that I really enjoy all meals. I first made this lunchtime, Andy ate that evening for dinner and we both had a slice the next day to breakfast- I would say it effective right? For the first time my mother is actually coming to New York on Mother's Day !! It doesnt arrive until the evening, but I know she would just love this quiche.

quiche3

Crisp asparagus is lightly sautéed with spring leeks and layered into the crust with a healthy dose of high gruyere cheese. This quiche is responsible with vegetables, but does not seem burdened by them. My favorite butter pie crust perfectly crispy proved to be cooked on the bottom shelf- (which worked perfectly.)

Coupled with a green salad, it was a wonderful luncheon and I know I'll keep this among my favorite recipes for my next brunch menu. Have a great weekend !!!

Print
Spring Aspragus Quiche Leek and Gruyere
Ingredients
  • ½ pie recipe, chilled
  • 1 bunch asparagus stalks, (1 pound) tough ends removed and sliced ​​diagonally
  • 1 leek, thinly sliced ​​(part white and light green parts only)
  • 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese *
  • 4 eggs
  • 1¼ cup half and half
  • salt and pepper fresh ground
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or butter)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Roll out pastry to ⅛ inch thick, capable of 9-inch pie plate and crimp the edges if desired. refrigerate unbaked pie crust until use
  2. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil or butter and sauté the asparagus and leeks for 5-7 minutes or until tender and bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Mix the eggs, half and half, ½ teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper.
  4. Place the dish pie on a baking sheet. Divide cheese evenly over bottom of crust. Top with Vegetables- ensure that they are as uniform as possible. Pour the egg mixture on top.
  5. Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 50-60 minutes or until center is set and top and crust are golden.
  6. Leave Cool slightly and enjoy the warm weather or room.
notes
* Jarlsberg or a good Swiss quality work as well!

Recipe adapted sentence: Martha Stewart

Advertiser