Monday, June 6, 2016

Buttermilk Peach Upside Down Cake

Buttermilk Peach Upside Down Cake -

PeachUpsideDown

Dear New York in the summer, I forgive you.

I know that in the majority of my blog posts I complained about your means, humid stink, too hot for-nothing, but you have done everything right this year. It was much nicer than my first 8 summers and turn my oven was not half bad. This improved means you'll be more comfortable this winter too, like this past one was just stupid.

Thanks a bunch,

Audra

I'm so tired you guys. When I begin to write letters to inanimate objects such as cities and seasons, you can bet my sleep deprivation suddenly reached the point of being a little delusional here.

So- instead of pretending that I have something interesting to say about this recipe just know this: Peaches are in season, this cake is super easy, this cake is super fresh, light and delicious. I told you in it yet? Just doing ok?

Good cooling I'll go back to lying in the entrance to the kitchen to prevent Hugo crawl and lick the floor as a puppy. #whydoeshedothat?

PeachUpsideDownCake2

Print
Peach Buttermilk Cake reversed
Ingredients
  • Caramel sauce ½ [sucrebrun
  • 1 tablespoon
  • peaches- 2 large slice
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon of baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg (room temperature)
  • ½ cup buttermilk well shaken
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F. Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan. Put aside.
  2. In a bowl, mix together midsize flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a large bowl with a spatula, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat the until smooth.
  4. Add flour and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix on low speed until just combined.
  5. Spread the caramel sauce over the cake pan bottom and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Arrange peaches on top of the sugar and then roll the dough gently on fisheries.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.

Advertiser