Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Mango Lassi Popsicles

Mango Lassi Popsicles -

MangoLassiPops2

The summer passes us by friends. I can not believe that it is possible, we have only one month left before the fall, football and everything pumpkin is full strength. I always said I have a love / hate relationship with New York, and even if the sun is good for the soul, I feel good in the summer closing in soon. No more baby with a heat rash from 0 and humid, more obsessed with what to do with it when it is sunny and hot outside, and no more daily visits fro-yo. Ok I kidding on the last ONe frozen treats are definitely the best part of the summer.

I bought these molds popsicle last summer and this is only the second time whisk. They are so much fun and make frozen treats at home easy as possible. I'm obsessed with Mango Lassi for as long as I've been eating Indian food, and when I opened my fridge for inspiration and saw the waiting ingredients to myself I knew it was worth 'try.

mangolassipops

Mango Lassi, my favorite way to wash Indian take-out, is made from mango, sugar, yogurt and milk . I combined all of the above (less sugar because my mango was super sweet) in food processor- made as smooth as possible, and swirled in my popsicle molds with some yogurt mixture / mango milk for less nice affect. These pops are super refreshing and light, and a fun treat for the last few weeks of summer. (Dare I say I am so excited for the fall?)

Prepare to see these molds popsicle make at least one appearance before more hot days are ahead of us!

Print
Mango Lassi Popsicles
Ingredients
  • 2 cubes cups fresh mango or frozen
  • 1½ cups vanilla yogurt (fat the better, plain yogurt is also Ok but you may want to add sugar)
  • ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
Instructions
  1. in a blender or food processor mix mango, 1 cup of yogurt and ¼ cup of milk. Process until smooth.
  2. In a small bowl, combine remaining yogurt and milk.
  3. Fill popsicle molds half full of mango mixture, add a spoonful of yogurt, then finish with more mango. (Never fill the molds popsicle all the way as they expand during freezing.)
  4. Swirl each mold popsicle together with a long skewer or knife, add Popsicle sticks and freeze overnight or until firm.

Advertiser