Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Cold sesame peanut noodles

Cold sesame peanut noodles -

ColdPeanutSesameNoodles2

It is very rare that I post things here on the blog that Andy does not eat. The last thing I need is a fridge full of delicious things that I can not less share with him. So- you probably will never see too many recipes with nuts in them in those regions. It is one of those people that feels like the ruin of all nuts baked goods, and as I like pie pecan or walnut occasional piece of chocolate filled Cookie- I usually keep nuts what is on the blog.

Now peanut butter is another story ... Andy likes it- but only in sweet things. However, I can not get enough spice, peanut, sesame combo. I love pad thai, curries and peanut-based ... .you guessed it- cold noodles with peanuts. In Fact I love them so much that I did not mind doing a whole lot to myself.

ColdPeanutNoodles

This dish would be perfect for picnics or cookouts summer because it is served cold and has no mayo or other perishable ingredients like basis . Hot nights when you do not feel like cooking or eating something hot it's perfect.

I used my absolute soba noodles favorite- but rice noodles or even spaghetti regular work. The sauce is super creamy, spicy and full of flavor. The addition of cucumber and peppers add some necessary crunch and the end result is something really delicious. Your new favorite summer meal is served!

Print
cold peanut sesame noodles
ingredients
  • 1 lb soba, rice or other thin noodles- cooked and cooled
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce Soup
  • 3 tablespoons Sriracha or 1 tablespoon Szechwan chili paste *
  • 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon oil sesame
  • 1 tablespoon grated ginger peeled
  • 1 small cucumber
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 green onion
  • seed sesame for garnish (optional)
Instructions
  1. Cut the cucumber and peppers. Thinly slice green onion, separating the white and green parts. Put aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, Sriracha, vinegar and sesame oil.
  3. Add noodles and stir. Stir in cucumber, red pepper and the white parts of the onion. Mix thoroughly until the noodles are evenly coated. Garnish with the green parts of onions and sesame seeds.
  4. Refrigerate before serving. Noodles will last up to a week in the refrigerator.
Notes
* I have a pot of Szechuan chili paste that I love in this area. I found in the section of my Asian food store. It is an excellent alternative to Sriracha and gives the perfect amount of spice!

Advertiser