Friday, June 24, 2016

Homemade Soft Pretzels

Homemade Soft Pretzels -

IMG_69591

There

few months, I never in a million years would have thought that I would be comfortable making recipes which comprise yeast. I rarely tried, thought it was scary, and I spent my time to master each and every shortcut around it instead. I thought that when I marry and finallyhopefullymaybe get a drummer, I could use the dough hook and give it a try. Well, as always, I get impatient waiting to try this the easy way, give them a try and end up surprising me.

Apr+29+20121

It really started when I was doing the Cinnamon Rolls. I was with my mother-in-law (is) and she yeasted bread all the time. She helped me knead the dough and make me feel like it was something that I could win. Then the rollers have come to be incredible, and I made 3 more times in two weeks (give me a chance to practice myself.) Since then, I'm a little obsessed with whether it is something I can actually do! I made this pie, the bread and now these pretzels. All delicious, all incredibly easy enough. (Who knows?)

IMG_69581

The impulse to make these delicious pretzels came when Maria published about them in the last few weeks. I loved the recipe change and Alton Brown, she had adapted it look so easy. The method was similar to bagels I had done earlier, but with yeast dough and of course the signature twist. The recipe called for salt pretzel I have not, so I adapted a little to my taste toppings. I chose to sprinkle flaky sea salt on some of them, a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on some, and garlic and parmesan on the rest. I loved every taste much, but I'm such a salt-a-holic, saline was probably my favorite.

Recently+Updated471

already I get excited for football season to begin in the fall (Go Packers!) And they would make a day of extraordinary gift game. I like to have friends to watch the games and a lot of them with a variety of sauces looks pretty amazing! I also think I will try another variation of this recipe and maybe make them into pretzel bites. * I am looking forward to make them again so that I can control my pretzel twist I know these could be cuter :)

Print
Homemade soft Pretzels
Ingredients
  • 1½ cup warm (110-115 degrees F) water
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • 22 ounces all-purpose flour (about 4½ cups)
  • ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
  • The vegetable oil to pan
  • ⅔ cup of baking soda
  • 10 cups water (to boil)
  • 1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
  • sea salt, cinnamon sugar, parmesan cheese or other toppings of choice
Instructions
  1. Combine the water, sugar and kosher salt in a large bowl and sprinkle yeast over the above.
  2. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to foam. Add the flour and butter, and is using the dough hook attachment of your stand mixer or simply a wooden spoon, mix until all ingredients are well combined.
  3. If using a stand mixer, switch to medium speed and knead, or turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove dough from bowl, clean the bowl, then oil well with vegetable oil. Put the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and sit in a warm place for about 50 to 55 minutes or until the dough has doubled in volume. (I like my warm oven at about 0 degrees F, then turn out perfect warm place.)
  4. Once the dough is ready, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with half parchment paper and brush lightly with vegetable oil. Put aside.
  5. Bring about 10 cups of water to a boil and baking soda in August 1-quart saucepan or roasting pan.
  6. Meanwhile, put the dough on a slightly oiled work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a rope 24 inches (the only way I could stretch this dough was to hold it in both hands and literally pull. See what method works best for you!)
  7. Making a U-shape with the dough, holding the ends of the rope, cross over each other and press the bottom of the U to form the shape of a pretzel. Place the pan on half of parchment paper.
  8. Place the pretzels into the boiling water, 1 by 1, for about 30 seconds. Remove them from the water with a large flat spatula. Return to saucepan half of the sheet, brush the top of each pretzel with the yolk mixture and egg beaten with water and sprinkle toppings of choice.
  9. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for a bit before digging Enjoy

Recipe adapted from penalty .!: Alton Brown

Advertiser