Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Soft Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Soft Peanut Butter Cup Cookies -

IMG_8567

We get terrible near the big day you guys. You that- my wedding which is two weeks from tomorrow? I get so excited and I finally feel like I have everything under control, so I can really enjoy myself this week! After 4 hours the bridal salon yesterday, I think eventually everything will work. :)

IMG_8509

Since I'm away from my kitchen NYC for 3 whole weeks (one for the wedding and 2 for our honeymoon in Costa Rica) I spend as much time as I can the next two weeks baking up some things to share when I left. Is Man oh man difficult to 2-3 desserts in the house while trying to stay slim for the wedding. That's why the tiny size of these cookies is perfect. You can have a whole without too!

IMG_8545

The first time I saw these adorable cookies with peanut butter here, I knew I had to do. What better than a fresh, appropriate party cookie? The one that is full of peanut butter, Reeses mini-cups and chocolate chips. Yeah- is much deliciousness for a teeny little cookies. The biscuit portion of these resembles the taste and texture of peanut butter blossoms- my favorite holiday cookie!

IMG_8532

The mixing possibilities for them are endless, but I went with mini peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips. I thought it was perfect for these bite sized treats, giving each bite the perfect amount of chocolate and peanut butter. I think also mini M & Ms would be delicious and adorable in these. Other suggestions? I will do this again without a doubt.

Print
Soft Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Ingredients
  • ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
  • ½ light brown sugar cup
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 c extract vanilla
  • ½ teaspoon of baking soda
  • ¼ cc salt
  • 1 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup mini peanut butter cups (or fun or regular peanut butter cups size size chopped)
  • ½ mini chocolate chips cup
Instructions
  1. Using an electric mixer, the cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. When light and fluffy, combine peanut butter and mix well, then the egg and vanilla.
  2. Slowly stir in the salt, baking soda and flour. until just combined. Fold in the peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a spoon or cookie scoop, portion of the dough and roll them into 1-inch balls. (If you do not get smooth the tops with being weird and kinky.) Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not overcook. Cookies can not seem to do, but they will firm up on cooling!
  4. Cool completely on wire rack. Have fun!

Recipe adapted from Cooking Addiction Sally

Advertiser