Sunday, June 19, 2016

Stovetop Holiday Scent

Stovetop Holiday Scent -

Happy Christmas Eve Eve! I'm sure most of you are with your families enjoying cozied advance, at the party, but I have one last "recipe" to share what you love for your celebrations the next two days.

I love nothing more than warm smell of holiday flavors and I really wish I had discovered this back to Thanksgiving so I could be enjoying this season. The blend of orange, cranberries, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg simmer on the stove to make your home feel like a dream. The best part is that you can reuse the mixture for weeks, simply by adding water and simmering on the stovetop.

The whole thing can be thrown together in a few seconds and the only key is not to let the water evaporate all the way. Add water when / if it is low and keep refrigerated until the next time you want to use. Even if the mixture is a little Brown- still feel just as amazing!

Print
Stovetop Holiday Scent
Ingredients
  • ½ cup fresh cranberries
  • 1 orange quartered. (I used 2 small clementines because its all I had to.)
  • 2-3 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 tablespoon whole cloves
  • a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan medium and cover with water.
  2. Simmer on low heat.
  3. Enjoy the holiday flavor! :)

adapted recipe from: Make It Do

Advertiser