Monday, June 20, 2016

Banana Bars with Brown Butter Frosting

Banana Bars with Brown Butter Frosting -

One of the questions that people are still always asking me to write a blog cooking is how I manage to eat other than candy 24/7 anything. I usually try one of everything I do, save a couple for Andy, and then give the rest as fast as I can. These bars are no exception, and they were out of my house in an hour photographing them. And good thing too, because they can be addictive, delicious things I've tasted in ages. (So ​​that I went back and hit up the cache Andy later in the day!)

This starts with the more sweet banana butter bar is the perfect texture and flavor (I had ripe bananas over-cooking and perfect for these.) Although the cake bars as are freshly baked still hot, they are slathered with a thick brown butter frosting, speckled with bits of hazelnut brown butter goodness. Cherry enters the hot cake and bottom just a little bit, and creates a truly wonderful combination of flavors that I am now obsessed. I always liked the brown butter, but this one is really icing spectacular- I will use again without a doubt!

Print
Banana bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • ¼ cup softened butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup (about 2) of ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • ½ c. baking soda
  • ½ c. salt
  • brown butter icing:
  • ¼ c. butter
  • 2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 c. vanilla extract
  • 1½ c. milk
Instructions
  1. Heat the oven to 375F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. (I overlap two parts so that the sides hang over the pan. He removed the bars easy as possible.)
  2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs until creamy.
  3. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract.
  4. Add flour, baking soda, salt, mix until just combined. Spread batter evenly in pan.
  5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly, then remove from pan using the parchment to lift
Meanwhile, for the icing :.
  1. Put the butter in a flat heat resistant with a well-shaped flat on top. butter microwave for 4-5 minutes. You'll hear it bubble and pop, and after wards it should be perfectly browned. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk until smooth and thick.
  2. Spread the frosting on the bars when they cooled for about 10-15 minutes. The frosting's a lot easier when the bars are a little warm, it also creates a soft, slightly melty incredible effect.

adapted Recipe: Simple life measures

Advertiser