Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Classic Vanilla Cupcakes with a small ad!

Classic Vanilla Cupcakes with a small ad! -

vanilla2

Can you guess what I am announcing today? I just thought coming right and tell you- but I thought that when you have a food blog that is really most Cookies time its best to cook this kind of news in a cupcake. You may remember that last week I told you about all the things I was looking forward to that month discover the sex of our baby being one of them. Well ....

reveal

A boy !! The first boy in my family of 5 girls really so exciting. To be honest, I really thought deep down he was a boy. I'm not sure why except that maybe, just maybe, I thought if I convinced myself that I was a small boy, I would not be disappointed if I found out it was not a girl . You see I get girls. I understand what to do, having had three younger sisters and countless small lady expense of childcare. I am so close to my own mom, and I wanted to have that kind of relationship with a girl someday. Remember the dorky letter I wrote to my future children? Well in my car 15 years I think I just always thought they would ... girls like my own family. I wanted a boy too, but I thought if I just had my first daughter, I would never have to worry about not having a later, which to me was like a devastating thought.

So I went in that sonogram I prepared myself, thinking "it will be a boy- a boy! a boy! "Really trying to get jazzed, knowing that if she said girl I secretly instead be exalted. But then I was on the table and began to see the photo of my little baby feet, sweet perfect head, hands and elbows. I even fainted on the ribs and spine were so well developed for such a tiny thing sized banana. I started to well up as she sat there I said my baby was doing somersaults in my stomach, making it difficult to obtain good images. my little baby in my stomach doing flips? I really could not think of anything cuter. and finally at the end she got the money shot, said his sweet little ass and the obvious fact that he was a boy, and I was so damn happy. a son. I'm having a son. a boy Mama, a sweet little man that I already love it.

photo-23

me being my self I had to get cheesy blue balloons to celebrate!

I continue to hope and pray that I get a girl, but I've spent the last days increasingly happy to have a son, and all that comes with it. I can not have been someone who thought he was with the boys, but now I know I have one it is all I can think of. I feel bad for wanting other than what I have nothing, but believe me when I say that now I would not change it for the world. I fell so in love with these images of small human growing inside me. I like that it's a boy, and I'm so excited.

So there is my honest confession of the day.

Also- this is my new favorite vanilla cake recipe and it is delicious. I share below!

Print
Classic Vanilla Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour (12.75 ounces)
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1¼ cup buttermilk
  • for Frosting:
  • 2 sticks of butter softened
  • 2½ in cups powdered sugar
  • 1 vanilla bean, split longitudinally
  • 2 c. vanilla extract
  • 2-6 tablespoons milk or cream
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. line cupcake pans with coatings. put aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
  4. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, stir in vanilla.
  5. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape bowl no not mix the dough.
  6. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until tops bounce when touched, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a gate; let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting
For Frosting :. (. About 3 minutes)
  1. Beat butter and scraped vanilla with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, Add powdered sugar and beat well until the mixture is thick and almost pasty.
  2. Add extract and 1 tablespoon of milk / cream. Beat well. Slowly add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time if you think your frosting is too thick or too dry. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
Notes
Recipe slightly adapted from Martha Stewart

Advertiser