Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Espresso Chocolate Cupcakes

Espresso Chocolate Cupcakes -
IMG_65871

Sometimes you need a cupcake with a little extra kick. You know, so zingy flavor and caffeine that you may or may not want to eat this cupcake earlier in the day. If that's what you want, these cookies may be perfect for you- light and spongy chocolate cake espresso, espresso cream butter, topped with a dark chocolate covered espresso bean I feel a buzz just think them.

I made fifty these beauties for my friend Nate 30th birthday party. (He is the one who took the picture of me on the website!) I have not made more than 2 dozen cupcakes in ages so I had a few hysterical moments in my kitchen. In one case, I realized that I did not bowl large enough for a double batch of this dough (why I just made two separate lots is a mystery.) So here I am, with chocolate covered dishes everywhere, pay my dough in a large pot so I can mix. It may or may not be submerged in tears just paste them, and maybe a couple in the frosting as I realized three times I have not enough butter frosting for all that meant another trip to the store. Sigh ... and that's why I do not want to open a bakery-I think I'm small batch type of girl. :)

IMG_65891

They were an absolute hit at the party but so that all that matters! If you are a chocolate and a coffee fan, I think you'll love these. They do not skimp on the coffee flavor at all and even people who do not think that would be preferred returned me furious. Is not it a great feeling when others enjoy what you have created? I think so :)

546254_10150709756023010_501878009_9464878_943945911_n1
Print
Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • 1½ tablespoons baking soda coffee
  • ¾ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • ¾ cup of freshly brewed strong coffee
  • ¾ cup buttermilk
  • 3 tablespoons safflower oil (canola is also very well)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder soup
espresso Buttercream
  • 2 sticks of butter softened
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of instant espresso powder
  • 1 teaspoon of extract vanilla
  • 2-6 tablespoons milk or cream
  • chocolate coffee beans (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard boxes paper cups muffins; put aside.
  2. Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
  3. Add the espresso powder in hot coffee until dissolved. Add the eggs into the bowl with the flour, and mix coffee / espresso, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to ensure the dough is well mixed.
  4. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups, filling each ⅔ full. Bake until tops bounce to the touch, about 20 minutes, turning once pan if necessary. Transfer to a gate; Cool completely
For the Frosting :.
  1. In a small bowl, mix espresso powder, vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk or cream. Stir until the powder is dissolved.
  2. Put the butter in a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat butter until pale and creamy.
  3. Gradually add powdered sugar and continue beating until thick and pasty consistency. Add the mixture of espresso / vanilla and continue beating well icing.
  4. Add one teaspoon at a time milk / cream until frosting is creamy and pipe measurement. cupcakes to frost as desired, and top with a chocolate covered espresso beans. (Optional)
Cupcake recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Frosting recipe: The original Chick :) Baker

Advertiser