Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Baked Churros

Baked Churros -

Baked Churros | The Baker Chick

When I understood that Derby Day and Cinco de Mayo were both on Saturday, I do not know if I would be able to find time to cook something festive for both. I had been dying to share my recipe for Mint Cupcakes Juelp since I made the first for my dessert party last summer, they won. (. What I thought) it two days ago I was watching Pinterest, I saw a dessert inspired Churro that began the following train of thought: "Is Churros difficult to do? Ooh- fried ... not so sure. Can I cook ?? Ooh..here is a recipe that looks so easy. Yes! I will make tomorrow! "And just like that, with a list of ingredients I already had on hand, I whip these babies in about 45 minutes.

IMG_70751

not only these baked not fried churros, but they are honestly and truly set in minutes. the ingredient list is short and cooking bases that make these last minute Cinco de Mayo very easy treatment. the soft dough is cut in a bag pastry shell on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Then, you run the crispy churros with cinnamon and sugar, and if you're like me, you burn your mouth eating too soon. :)

Baked Churros- The Baker Chick

Now that I know how easy it is to whip these, I have many ideas to make them again. How cute would they be in mini form? I think they would be perfect to dive into some dulce de leche for dessert a little Fiesta? Oh man, now I want to go get more. (I already had 3 today- it is possible not?) !!! Olé :)

Print
Baked Churros
Ingredients
  • ½ cup unsalted butter
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 all purpose flour cup
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla coffee
  • sugar ½ cinnamon cup
  • spray cooking
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, salt and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
  3. Remove from heat add the flour and stir with a spoon to mix. Mixture will thicken and begin to look like the texture of mashed potatoes.
  4. Leave the dough in the pan, but beat down with a hand blender, adding one egg at a time, mixing well before adding another. After adding each egg, the mixture will become wet and shiny, but after high-temperature mixture for a few seconds, it will thicken again. (Alternatively, you can transfer the dough on your stand mixer bowl, I just think with a hand mixer saves a dirty dish.)
  5. When all the eggs are combined add vanilla. Batter will be thick and starchy foods (always with a texture similar to mashed potatoes.)
  6. Pour batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Lightly spray a cookie sheet and pipe lines of 8 inches of dough with at least 1 inch between each churro.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown *, and when a toothpick comes out clean.
  8. churros spray lightly with cooking spray, and one at a time, transfer them to a square tupperware or a shallow dish and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. (Shake it around to make sure they are well coated.) Makes about 10 churros.
Notes
* It is really important that you cook these until they are golden. If 20 minutes are yours are not, leave them until they are! My oven runs hot then yours may need a little longer!

Also- I got some comments indicating a problem with the consistency of the dough. I made these several times since just to make sure I did not make any mistakes. I must say they always turn to me.

I want to help if I have therefore modified the recipe with some notes and additional descriptions! It is really one of the easiest snacks and most delicious I did so I wish you all success with them!

* I use an Ateco # 847 Tip

Recipe adapted from: Cantina Cookbook Isabel

Advertiser