Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Salted Brown Butter Snickerdoodles

Salted Brown Butter Snickerdoodles -

IMG_3315

Sometimes my mistakes end kitchen epic disaster with me in almost-tears and my little full counter disorder bowls, spoons and almost all the utensils I have. Other times, a huge mistake as to leave whole stick of butter from a cookie recipe, I end up creating something that I like actually really. Here's how these witnesses came to life.

IMG_3285

There

few weeks when I was doing the Brown Butter Confetti Cookies, I thought halve the entire recipe, but only reduces the amount of butter and left the rest as she. I knew that something seemed wrong, but before I realized what I had done, I cooked a "mistake cookies" without adding mix-ins just to see what was happening. The least amount of butter resulted in a thick super cookie and inflated with a crispy outside and a soft inside. It basically tasted like a brown fluffy biscuits butter sugar and texture reminded me of a Snickerdoodle, dying to roll in the cinnamon sugar.

IMG_3321

So, it was only a matter of time before I tried this "mistake" again, this time with a few tweaks, (add a little more butter than I mistakenly left out.) I made small mine and almost bite size, which resulted in the perfect delicious part. I wish with all my epic fails resulted in something wonderful ... if only! :)

Print
Salted Brown Butter Snickerdoodles
Ingredients
  • 1 stick plus 3 tablespoons salted butter. (11 tablespoons)
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
for rolling:
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
  2. for brown buttermilk place butter in a heatproof bowl with a plate or another tight lid in the microwave. Cook over high heat for 5-7 minutes. Butter pop, crackle and become perfectly browned.
  3. Transfer butter to a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer or whisk, mix sugars until well combined and smooth. Add the egg, the yolk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
  4. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Gradually add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
  5. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Pick up the dough into equal portions to 1 inch in size, roll into balls and coat in cinnamon sugar. Place the dough balls one inch apart on parchment-lined sheet or biscuits silpat.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms of cookies are golden. Just after leaving the oven, gently tap the tops of the cookies with a spatula to flatten. (To add some more! Fissures)

Advertiser