Thursday, August 18, 2016

Brown Butter Cookies Confetti for my "Blog-aversary"

Brown Butter Cookies Confetti for my "Blog-aversary" -

IMG_2465
I really and truly can not believe two whole years have passed since I strikes publish for the first time. Who knew that the idea that I had on a whim could ever turn into something so special for me? I did not understand how people other than my family or friends will never know or read my blog (I still have some not) and I could not imagine that I will be a readership that I love and appreciate. Thank you for sticking with me as I grow as a baker, blogger and women. I hope to continue to bring inspiration and delicious recipes your way for years to come!

IMG_2459

I knew I had to do something bright and festive to celebrate. I realize that it is the eve of Valentine's Day, but I hope you do not mind that I do not share something pink and Lovey. These cookies are all I think when it comes to fun and delicious Celebration- ness. The brown butter gives them the most perfect crispy Texture- on the edges, soft fluffy center and fully inflated. The recipe is almost exactly like the Cooks Illustrated recipe I know and love, and although I was a bit nervous to change-proportion I'm so glad I did. This recipe will be the basis for many combinations of flavors to come!

IMG_2431

Print
Brown Butter Confetti Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, browned and cooled
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking
  • soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1½ cups mini M & Ms
  • ½ cup rainbow jimmies
Instructions
  1. in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat until it begins to brown (it will bubble and become darker in color, but careful not to burn!) allow to cool for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 F.
  3. When the butter has cooled, pour into a large mixing bowl, add or sugars. Using a hand blender (or whip) stir until well combined and smooth. Scrape the sides and add the egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
  4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the M & Ms and Sprinkles. Using a cookie scoop, portion dough into 2-inch balls and roll lightly to smooth. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until barely golden. Cool on rack.
Notes
Allow the butter to cool ensures the M & Ms remain intact. If it is hot, they will become a bit of a mess melty

slightly Adapted from: The Sweet Life

Advertiser